*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/930640-For-Mama
Rated: E · Prose · Death · #930640
The one year anniversary of Mama's death and I missed her desperately.
For Mama
Mar. 24, 1922-Nov. 15, 2000

Daylight is softly filtering through the window and I should be getting ready to start the day. I have much to do, but a soft blue haze still lingers in the shadowy corners of the room and I have no desire to move. From the depth of my heart, love emerges and memories come forward from the corners of my mind.
I see your soft smile and I hear the laughter in your voice. I see the smile in your eyes. I can still feel the gentleness of your touch. It’s so hard to believe I lost you a year ago today. I remember little things we did, conversations we shared, songs we sang, silly dances we did to make each other laugh, family antics we shared that made us laugh until we cried. I remember things I forgot to tell you. I know there’s so much more we could have shared. Things left undone, words left unsaid.
Unbidden, memories and thoughts often wander into my day and I have to push you away so I can carry on. The pain of knowing you are no more sometimes is more than I can endure. And then ---and then I miss you so much and love enfolds my lonely heart and I have to stop and spend some time with you. Memories fill my mind. Misty tears cloud my eyes. Secrets shared, moments together, conversations held, things we did, things we should have, could have done, things forgotten but always, always the love remembered.
I miss you, Mom. Sing with the angels. Rest in peace. You are missed but most of all you are loved. (Linda)
© Copyright 2005 Mothermouse--come visit me (mothermouse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/930640-For-Mama