*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/943231-The-70-Kid------17
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Philosophy · #943231
When you only aim to pass, you're not setting high enough goals for yourself.
         Your grade is barely passing. You have met the minimal requirements for a minimal assignment. The assignment was life, my friend. It all carries over, you see?

         It's more than just this quiz worth 100 points. It's your whole damn life. I don't think you are applying yourself. I know your skills, and I know you need to work on solving your own life problems by yourself.

         You are ignoring this part of your life. If you're on vacation that's okay---But, make note of the date, and circle it on your calendar. Set up a life quiz for yourself. What physical behavioral goals can you set for yourself, then work toward achieving, and keep track of your steps. Write it down if it helps.

         You must do the action, put forth the effort yourself. In school, grades show your ability to study and learn educational skills. To better your mind, your parents and the government have dictated that you will be in school until you reach the age of 17. It's because we are older, and we know better so we tell you to do the things we do. You have to do this because it's important to find happiness as an adult.

         What school doesn't measure is life skills. Life skills is a pass fail class. If you fail that test, you die--some sooner than others.

         There is not a book or class to sit in to learn this lesson. I hope you have a positive environment to spend time by yourself for your own benefit.

         Expand your mind, look into your future. Find a nich in the financial kingdom, marry and procreate. It's your life, not mine. I want you to do well in your life. I care that you be all you can in your life. But, all can do is care. I can't fix this one for you. The grading for that is out of my hands.

         You'll have many teachers in your life, and you won't find them all in a classroom with a chalkboard.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/943231-The-70-Kid------17