*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/950871-He-Will-Never-Love-Again
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Drama · #950871
The broken heart of a man that lost all that was important to him.
He Will Never Love Again

By
D. L. Miller



Asleep by the fireplace covered under a quilt he sits alone in silence of lost nights. It’s the memories of a life that passed too quickly he fights. There is no one around to wake up beside and there is no laughter in the corners of a house as he cried.

In haze he remembers.

He kissed her goodbye before he went to work that day. She waved to him with a smile and watched him drive away.

Driving down the road, he listened to the radio and smiled at the love song playing. She moved about the house to begin her day, but her mind kept straying.

He sat at his desk talking on the phone of business while looking out the window at a grey sky. Standing at the sink drying dishes she feels that time has begun to move slowly by.

She stops sudden as glass shatters beneath her. She grabs hold of her stomach to feel the baby stir. With one hand leaning and the other holding still to the one so dear, she cringes in pain, and to their loss, she fears.

While in his office he gets a call of warning for there is little breath left in her to take. His heart beats fast with each mile crossed leaving all to chance within his wake.

"She fell to the floor", he said to the young man, looking through the window alone at her he stands. He watches her sleep in that bed of linen white as tears fall heavy he whispers for her to fight.

With one last rush they move in fast shutting the door to his love. He rests with both fists against the glass crying a prayer to his God above. Her tears fall upon her face screaming to remain with each breath taken, but there was nothing they could do she was now forsaken.

Roses of red and baby’s breath stand in remembrance held in his hand. Now as time was void, he sits and waits. To all he vowed to never love and holds to a lonely fate.


-End-
© Copyright 2005 August Impressions (dairesse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/950871-He-Will-Never-Love-Again