*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/997013-Crop-Circles
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #997013
written for class
The fact that counterfeit circles can be made, does not mean that real circles don't exist. The properties of crop circles are mysterious.

Looking down from an airplane one can see a beautiful pattern that at first seems to be pressed into the landscape. Once on the ground one can see that this isn't quite so. The grain is layed evenly and gently, in overlapping layers on top of each other. The stems themselves are bent not broken or cracked. Later it will be possible to see that the crop is still growing.

Not long after crop circles became world famous back in the 1970's there were those who stepped forward to claim responsibility for creating them. These hoaxers would walk out in a field for the media cameras and using boots and planks they would make a simple circle demonstrating how it could be done in a six to eight hour period. The circles made by the hoaxers share much in common with the first crop circles that appeared, however not entirely. It does not take more than some careful observations to conclude that pranksters with planks and ropes, in many cases, can not possibly make a "true" crop circle. People are indeed capable of doing many things; but the statements made by human crop circle makers often contradict and fail to agree on the used process of the formations. It is obviously much easier to accept, without further thinking, that we have been fooled by creative hoaxers for years. However anyone who takes the trouble to verify the facts -rather than simply denying them like many skeptics do- will soon discover that things are not what they seem.

Some characteristics of "true" crop circles include the evenly layed grain, unbroken stems, lack of entry trails leading to and from the design, mathematical precise measurements, differnt energy readings, a "clean" edge a few centimeters wide flowing in a counterclockwise then clockwise circle, and most for certain there has been no human inside the circle while it is being made. When one sees the intricacy of some of the centers, it seems obvious that there is no possible way that it can be human made. In some formations that are not circular in shape, the lay of the crops is executed masterfully, radiating out from a flatly swirled center and ingeniously bent to form straight and triangular shapes at the outside edges.

The precise measurements are important. In the dark a average human would be hardpresed to have such accurate results without tools such as a graphing caculator, compass and flashlight, Even from the air, the clean and precise edges can be seen and measured. Those figures, compared to scale using the measurements from inside the circle, will without fail come out the same. The other key important fact is the plants within a true crop circle have radiation levels are higher than normal. This abnormal radiation has mutated the seeds within the crop circle.

As hoaxing claims increased so has the complexity of the patterns as well as evidence that disproves the theroy that all crop circles are hoaxes. Huge beautiful spirals, squares, triangles have appeared within the last ten years. When one sees the intriacay of some of the centers of those newer circles, it becomes obvious that there is no possible way that they can be human made. With each new year, new variations of centers and intricate lays of the crop continue to appear and dazzle.

Crop circles created by human hands are rarely complex. Beyond the impossible task of trying to match the fluid style of a true crop circle; the hoaxer is unable to master and create a difficult pattern without enough help willing to stay silent. There is also the difficultly of such an attempt at doing so without getting caught.

Crop circles will continue to amaze long after the true cause is learned.
© Copyright 2005 Amyaurora (amyaurora at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/997013-Crop-Circles