Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
They Call Her Tuesday (Plot Collection)
Entries for Experimental Plot Challenge.
010. SCENE. The doctor watches as her patient, Sylvie, is taken away by a scientist named Thaddeus Jones.
020. SEQUEL. The doctor looks into the patient’s new guardians, the Jones Institute. Asks a favor of her ex-husband.
030. SCENE. A man is waiting for the doctor, in her apartment, when she gets home from work. Scares her. The doctor receives information from ex-husband’s contact. Warned to back off.
035. SEQUEL. The doctor reevaluates all of her information on her patient. She vows to get Sylvie back in safe hands.
040. SCENE. The doctor follows the leads to the Northwest to find Sylvie. Surprisingly, bumps into her patient in ice cream shop.
045. SEQUEL. Discovery that Sylvie is speaking and interacting freely amazes the doctor. Her curiosity is piqued.
050. SCENE. She is escorted to the Jones Institute. Thaddeus sequesters her and is asked to stay as their “guest“.
055. SEQUEL. The doctor feels the pressure of being held virtual prisoner at the Jones Institute. However, she also sees the possibilities of what she can learn as well. The excitement of latter outweighs the fear of the former, feeding into Thaddeus’s comments earlier. This gives the doctor pause, but doesn’t stop her from continuing.
060. SCENE. Therapy sessions starts between the doctor and Sylvie. She hears about “Tuesday” for the first time.
065. SEQUEL. The doctor takes time to ruminate over new information from Sylvie. Makes an informal diagnosis of delusional schizophrenia.
070. SCENE. Thaddeus pushes the doctor to answer his probing questions about Tuesday. He lets her into the crux of the research done at the Jones Institute.
075. SEQUEL. The doctor gives him only vague details and a theory. She is skeptical of what the Jones Institute is doing.
080. SCENE. The doctor is invited to learn how to make dinner from Dipali and gets to know the team.
085. SEQUEL. The doctor speculates on the cluster’s mental health to deal with doubt.
090. SCENE. Tuesday approaches the doctor in her room.
095. SEQUEL. The conversation between Tuesday and the doctor leaves Fatimah with speculative thoughts.
100. SCENE. The team travels to meet a contact to tell them about who else is after Tuesday. The car is hit by two other cars and the team suffers some injuries.
105.SEQUEL. The doctor looks over everyone’s injuries to deal with her own panic. She urges them to go to the hospital, by each of them refuses. Sylvie/Tuesday has some lacerations, but they heal before the doctor’s eyes. She blames the sight on a head injury.
110. SCENE. Everyone speculates about why this happened. Thaddeus explains his theory on who is operating against them. The doctor hears Geoff’s theory for the first time.
115. SEQUEL. The group speculates on the sequence of events. They piece together a plan, and Thaddeus takes the next course of action.
120. SCENE. The doctor and Thaddeus travel to a mental hospital to meet with a patient for information. She receives a phone call about her ex-husband in the hospital. He is cryptic in his answers before killing himself. This shakes the doctor.
130. SEQUEL. The team argues with the doctor over the event of meeting the mental patient. The doctor loses her temper.
135. SCENE. She goes to her room and knocks over Sylvie’s picture. The doctor finds a pattern.
140. SEQUEL. The doctor confronts Tuesday with her hypothesis. Finds out she is mostly right. The doctor leaves the institute for time to herself. Call home to check on ex-husband.
145. SCENE. The doctor returns to find the group gathered in ritual. She realizes they are trying to ritually separate Sylvie and Tuesday, placing Sylvie into a book. The doctor tries to stop them, however, they complete the ritual. It is unsuccessful.
147. SEQUEL. The doctor looks over Sylvie as she recovers from the ritual. Dipali, Geoff, and Thaddeus try to explain the separation is for the safety of all. The doctor remains unresponsive. She forms a plan.
150. SCENE. The doctor drugs Sylvie and the others during breakfast. She takes her patient away to a hotel. The team, ultimately, catches up with them.
160. SEQUEL. The doctor decides to believe and goes with the team back to the Jones Institute.
170. SCENE. There is a final showdown. Sylvie sacrifices herself to save Tuesday. Thaddeus places her in her favorite book. Tuesday takes full custody of body.
180. SEQUEL. The doctor says her goodbyes and leaves. She goes back to work, and tries to live a normal life.
190. SCENE. The doctor comes home one night to find Tuesday and the rest of the group (sans Thaddeus) inside her apartment. The entity asks if she wants a job.
195. SEQUEL. The doctor accepts.