Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
A Poetry Contest With A Virtuous Theme
HELLO POETS EVERYWHERE!!!
I have entered many contests here at Writing.Com, but this is my
favorite one to host. By popular request, I've decided to bring it back to life.
I hope you enjoy it!
This is a monthly contest, with a different virtue featured every month.
This will depend on the donations which we receive.
The Virtues of Poetry Contest
A special debt of gratitude to: StephB -Hungarian on Kindle for the:
1st Place Awardicon which graces this page,
given by the Best of the Rest Contest, for May, 2010. Thank You!!!
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Your poem must be at least 12 lines in length, but no longer than 40 lines in length.
3. Your poem MUST REFLECT THE THEME OF THE VIRTUE.
If you just include the word of the virtue in your poem, it will be disqualified.
4. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
5. YOUR POEM MUST BE BRAND NEW! ! !
6. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged. Your entry may be judged immediately with no time for editing.
7. Deadline for poems is Friday, May 31st at 12 p.m. WDC time.
8. We reserve the right to hold prizes if there are not enough entries.
9. In this event, we may hold the contest until such time there are enough entries to award.
10. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult the following link:
FIRST PLACE: Awardicon
SECOND PLACE: 5,000 GPS
THIRD PLACE: 3,000 GPS
HONORABLE MENTIONS: If enough donations received.
Every donation will have my heartfelt appreciation.
We will list your name on the wall of honor below
Please either send donations to Group 1690008 or you may include it in the area listed below.
Thank you for your kindness!
Donations of 30K or more will receive a merit badge
DONORS FOR SEPTEMBER:
indicates donation of 30K or more
If you wish to make a donation,
you may send your donation to:
In order to run our contest, we need donations from people like yourself. Please look into your heart, and if you are able to give something, even something small, we would be grateful.
Please send your donation to the above-mentioned site. Thank you.
You may see our list of Past Donors here:
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR DONORS
WE COULD NOT CONTINUE WITHOUT YOUR GENEROSITY.
VIRTUE FOR MAY:
Your poem MUST reflect the theme of the virtue Just having the word in your poem is not acceptable and will be disqualified.
THE WINNERS FOR APRIL, 2013 ARE: