Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
Contests With A Christian Theme
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
NOTE: The poem line limit has been eliminated from the rules. Please be sure to follow the prompt.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems are on the last day of the month: 11:59 pm WdC time.
7. We reserve the right to hold prizes if there are not enough entries. There must be five or more poems entered for a second and third place to be awarded. There will be a fourth place when there are twelve or more entries. There will be a maximum of one tie per round, but only if needed. It will only impact first or second place. In case of a tie both poems will receive an awardicon; the GP's will be divided equally. Three entries or less, we may hold the contest until such time there are enough entries to award.
8. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. Also, book entries are accepted. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
The holidays seem to run people ragged year after year, even to the point of causing some people near nervous breakdowns. Christmas has been canonized in poetry, so this month we will be writing about another subject. Your prompt for December is undoubtedly one of the most beloved passages of scripture in the Bible, the Twenty-third Psalm. Most people can't seem to find time to breathe over the holidays, much less; steal away to green pastures and still waters, and having your head anointed with oil, that was a metaphor for something you will need to research. Now for the wedding feast, most people never get invited to a gala banquet, much less a feast, this is the wedding feast for our Heavenly Father and His bride, what will it be like. Bring this Psalm into modern day reality. How would it be written, if it were written directly to us? Without being cliche`, show me the Twenty-third Psalm for 2014 humanity.
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
Entering five monthly contests in a row, or a donation of 30,000 GP's will earn you a merit badge. Please e-mail me if you do not receive your badge, or post a reminder with your fifth entry.
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 10,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 5,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon
Fourth Place (twelve or more entries):
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.