Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
Contests with a Christian theme
Poetry is an art, and chief of the fine art; the easiest to dabble in, the hardest in which to reach true excellence.
Edmund Clarence Stedman
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
NOTE: The poem line length has been eliminated from the rules. Please be sure to follow the prompt.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems are on the last day of the month: 11:59 pm WdC time.
7. We reserve the right to hold prizes if there are not enough entries. There must be five or more poems entered for a second and third place to be awarded. There will be a fourth place when there are twelve or more entries. There will be a maximum of one tie per round, but only if needed. It will only impact first or second place. In case of a tie both poems will receive an awardicon; the GP's will be divided equally. Three entries or less, we may hold the contest until such time there are enough entries to award.
8. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. Also, book entries are accepted. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
SEPTEMBER PICTURE PROMPT
Write a poem using the picture prompt below, or Genesis chapter 22.
PLEASE E-MAIL Quihadi IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A GUEST JUDGE.
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
Any donation 30,000 GP's or larger will receive a Merit Badge.
First Place: 10K Awardicon Ribbon and 10,000 GP's!
Second Place: 10K Awardicon Ribbon and 5,000 GP's!
Third Place: 10K Awardicon Ribbon!
Fourth Place (twelve or more entries): 5,000 GP's
Enter five contests in a row, and you will receive a Merit Badge.
If it is your fifth consecutive contest, please mention it when you post your entry so I don't overlook it, thank you.
Do not be afraid to e-mail me if I overlook you, or make a mistake.
THE LIGHTHOUSE DONORS LIST WILL BE KEPT ON THE LIGHTHOUSE BANK FRONT PAGE.