Contests With A Christian Theme
. . .religious poetry is not a special genre, because religion is not a special part of life; Christian life is the whole of life transformed, and Christian poetry is not poetry about Christ. . .but an attitude of mind which sees the whole world. . . transformed in Christ.--Vincent Buckley
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PROMPT.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems will be stated in each prompt.
7. There will only be a first place winner in each round. A tie will be considered.
8. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. Also, book entries are accepted. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
9. There must be three entries for a first place to be awarded.
Reviews will only be sent upon request. Each entry will receive a minimum of 500GP's.
MANIC MONDAYS IN JUNE
Each Monday there will be a prompt and results. The awards, duration of the contest, etc. will be posted with the prompt. There will be two short poems under twelve lines, and two poems between twelve and forty lines each month. If it works well, we can do it through the summer.
ROUND #3 PROMPT
Write a poem about one of the promises in the Bible. It can be something that you are looking forward to, or one that has materialized. Write 12 to 40 lines. An awardicon will be given the chosen poem and 5,000 GP's. The deadline is the last day of the month @ 11:59 p.m. EST.
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
A donation of 30,000 GP's will earn you a merit badge. Please e-mail me if you do not receive your badge.
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.