Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
Contests With A Christian Theme
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
NOTE: The poem line limit has been eliminated from the rules. Please be sure to follow the prompt.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems are on the last day of the month: 11:59 pm WdC time.
7. We reserve the right to hold prizes if there are not enough entries. There must be five or more poems entered for a second and third place to be awarded. There will be a fourth place when there are twelve or more entries. There will be a maximum of one tie per round, but only if needed. It will only impact first or second place. In case of a tie both poems will receive an awardicon; the GP's will be divided equally. Three entries or less, we may hold the contest until such time there are enough entries to award.
8. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. Also, book entries are accepted. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
JANUARY PROMPT - SPIRITUAL BOREDOM REMEDY
"But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." James 1:22
Do you ever get bored with church or your spiritual life? I gave my life to Christ over fifty-five years ago, and it's been everything but boring. Knowledge without application eventually becomes boring - every time. If all you do is sit and listen, listen, and listen to the Word without ever taking steps to apply it to your life, you'll soon reach a place where you've heard, heard and heard so much of the Word, that you are sick of hearing it! Instead of anticipating what you might receive from the Lord, you'll think, "Oh no, another sermon." Do you find yourself roaming from church to church seeking someone, or something, to spice up your spiritual life? The problem is not the church, the Pastor, or the kind of preaching you are hearing. The problem is you. Write a poem using this attitude, or line of thinking.
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
Entering five monthly contests in a row, or a donation of 30,000 GP's will earn you a merit badge. Please e-mail me if you do not receive your badge, or post a reminder with your fifth entry.
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 10,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 5,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon
Fourth Place (twelve or more entries):
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.