Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
Contests With A Christian Theme
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PROMPT.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems are on the last day of the month: 11:59 pm WdC time.
7. We reserve the right to hold prizes if there are not enough entries. There must be five or more poems entered for a second and third place to be awarded. There will be a fourth place when there are twelve or more entries. There will be a maximum of one tie per round, but only if needed. It will only impact first or second place. In case of a tie both poems will receive an awardicon; the GP's will be divided equally. Three entries or less, we may hold the contest until such time there are enough entries to award.
8. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. Also, book entries are accepted. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
Palm Sunday Is The 29th.
Crowds of people welcomed Jesus to Jerusalem, throwing their cloaks in his path and waving palm branches (John 12:19, Mark 11:1-11, Matthew 21:1-11). It was similar to the reception that Caesar, the emperor of Rome, would receive.
The colt that Jesus rode on into Jerusalem (Luke 19:28-44) fulfilled prophecy from the Old Testament about the Messiah, the savior of Israel. The Old Testament scripture he fulfilled is Zechariah 9:9: "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."
Palm Sunday is celebrated in virtually every Christian church. It marks Jesus' final entry into Jerusalem before he was persecuted, crucified, and resurrected. The observation occurs toward the end of a 40-day period of fasting and preparation creates reflection on Christ's suffering. Palm Sunday is traditionally the beginning of Holy Week, which includes Good Friday services, as well as Easter services..
Tell the old, old story of Palm Sunday with a poem, and in a new perspective. Use poetry devices ( personification, imagery,etc.).
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
Entering five monthly contests in a row, or a donation of 30,000 GP's will earn you a merit badge. Please e-mail me if you do not receive your badge, or post a reminder with your fifth entry.
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 10,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 5,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon
Fourth Place (twelve or more entries):
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.