Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
Contests With A Christian Theme
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PROMPT.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems are on the last day of the month: 11:59 pm WdC time.
7. We reserve the right to hold prizes if there are not enough entries. There must be five or more poems entered for a second and third place to be awarded. There will be a fourth place when there are twelve or more entries. There will be a maximum of one tie per round, but only if needed. It will only impact first or second place. In case of a tie both poems will receive an awardicon; the GP's will be divided equally. Three entries or less, we may hold the contest until such time there are enough entries to award.
8. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. Also, book entries are accepted. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
In the movie "The Passion of the Christ," during the crucifixion scene they accurately portrayed what would have happened. When the centurion thrust the spear into Jesus' side, they showed blood and water pouring from the wound and some got on the centurion. We know there is power in the blood of Jesus, pure saving power. In a poem, the form of your choice, show me what the centurion would have felt at that moment. Did he see Jesus as the Christ? Did he see the sin in his own life? Did he realize how unworthy he was of God's saving grace? What went through his mind? Use imagery and emotion to depict the scene, and what the centurion must have felt. What would you have felt if you were him?
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
Entering five monthly contests in a row, or a donation of 30,000 GP's will earn you a merit badge. Please e-mail me if you do not receive your badge, or post a reminder with your fifth entry.
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 10,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon and 5,000 GP's
10K Awardicon Ribbon
Fourth Place (twelve or more entries):
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.