Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
Horror, Inc Presents: The Daily Slice
WE WANT YOUR HORROR! 5,000 GP's given to the daily winner!
HORROR, Inc. Presents:
Welcome to The Daily Slice! Come on in and take a seat. We have a job for you; an offer you cannot refuse...
This is a daily contest sponsored by Horror, Inc. We're looking to get those dark thoughts churning in the recesses of your mind, out. We would like to invite you to tell us a tale of terror in only a 1,000 words. It's worth 5,000 Gp's a day if you do! All daily winners and lone entrants will be entered into a weekly contest. Award for the weekly winner will be a 10K awardicon!
The inspiration for this contest comes from "The Writer's Cramp" . If you're looking for a daily prompt based contest that isn't horror related, that's where you need to go. We want you here, but we understand if you don't think you can scare us. It may seem like a daunting task, scaring us in only a 1,000 words, but we'd love for you to try.
Besides, don't expect us to let you leave here until you do...
1. All entries must be posted by link only. It is MANDATORY to use the "b-item" link. For more help on bitem format, please see: "Linking Help And Practice"
2. All entries must be posted BEFORE noon (by no later than 11:59am WDC time) to qualify for that day's judging.
3. All entries must not exceed 1,000 words. You MUST include a final word count in your entry post in the Slice forum.
4. HORROR ONLY! All types of styles, and all portfolio colors are welcome. All ratings are welcome also. We won't lie; we prefer 18+ to XGC. Bring on the gore!
5. ALL of the writing prompt requirements must be met in order to qualify.
6. You may post only one story per day. NO EXCEPTIONS. Multiple submissions will be deleted without warning!
7. PLEASE MAKE YOUR ENTRIES ORIGINAL TO THAT DAY'S PROMPT - previously created entries will not be considered.
8. This is a competition, so there must be at least 2 qualifying entries before a prize is awarded. What's the fun in winning by default? Exactly. That's what we think, too!
This contest changes daily. Therefore, it is recommended that you add this forum to your favorites!
Each day soon after NOON WDC time, one of our judges will post a writing prompt. The contest for that prompt ends before NOON (11:59am WDC time) the next day. All entries that follow the prompt will be judged according to the writing prompt only. This means that grammatical errors WILL NOT be a determining factor in deciding the winner!
The judging will be based on how well you followed the prompt and how creative you were with it, not just on how well you write. Don't expect a detailed review of your piece. You have 24 hours to write, we only have a few minutes to judge.
Your Daily Slice Judges:
You can find the winner and new prompt listed in the forum everyday.
Check out some of our other great contest here:
Want reviews? Check out "The Public Horror Depot" and post your horror stories for others to rate and review! Don't forget to return the favor
Thank you to all of our Generous donors! We don't know what we'd do without you!
"Honoring Horror, Inc.'s Generous Donors"
Donations are more than welcome to help support this, or any other HORROR, Inc. sponsored contest. Anyone who donates 50,000 GP’s or more will receive a Merit Badge and be recognized in "Honoring Horror, Inc.'s Generous Donors" . Please send all donations to HORROR, Inc. (group #1798843) with a note that specifies that your donation is for the ‘The Daily Slice’ contest or you can include the GP’s in your forum post below. Thank you
If you enter any of our contests, we will add you to our 'mailing list'. "HORROR, Inc. Mailing list" is an inactive group that will serve only as a mailing list. We will not be flooding your inbox, only informing you of any changes or promotions that may be going on with any of the HORROR, Inc. contests.