New Again Short Story Contest
CONTEST IS CLOSED until further notice
I'm sorry but I have to close this contest--for now---perhaps we can re-open next spring. Thank you for all the wonderful stories that you have provided for my reading pleasure! |
Short Story Contest
How many stories are sitting in your portfolio that have been read, reviewed and edited to perfection? Those OLD STORIES that have been entered in other contests but didn't win anything--you corrected them, you followed the suggestions of the reviews but now what? Most contests require new stories written just for them--what a shame because that OLD STORY is so good now. Don't you wish you could enter them into a contest?
Well, now you can It's your time to fly
So, pick out your best story and give it new life
1. Submit your entries in bitem form
2. No stories that have an awardicon of any kind.
3. Any genre, any rating, word count your choice. Please state your word count.
4. Only one entry per round. Not one story per genre--ONLY ONE ENTRY per round. Thanks.
5. AMENDMENT:stories will be simply BEST STORIES and there will only be three winners instead of winners in different genre's. Best Story First Place, Best Story Second Place and Best Story Third Place
6. No Book Chapters
7. No New Stories--these should be old stories that are well reviewed and rated.
Only stories created before-- Jan, 1st 2011 are eligible for this contest!!!!
8. Once Posted--NO EDITING, no changes to the story once you have posted it for the contest. These stories should already be perfect.
Entries Judged On:
1. Character Development
2. Creative Story-lines
No need to mention grammar, spelling and all that because these are stories that have been well reviewed-RIGHT!
1. First Place in each Genre: RED Ribbon
2. Second Place in each Genre: Blue Ribbon
3. Third Place in each Genre: Green Ribbon
1. First Round:February15th, 2012
2. Second Round ends March 1st, 2012--only stories created before Jan. 1st, 2011 are accepted in this round
3. Third Round: ends May 1st--only stories created before Jan 1st 2010 will be accepted in this round
4. Fourth Round:
All Donations Are Appreciated
There is no group # to make donations. This is not a group. You do not have to join in order to participate. If you wish to donate simply give a review of the contest and include your GP's at that time. Thank you.