Bug Reporting
        by Writing.Com Support   (support@Writing.Com)
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 24, 2007 at 2:18pm
Re: IE7 crashes Chat
Greets,

We've reported this to the chat people, but given that clearing the cache does solve the problem, it certainly seems to be a browser problem.

The problem does not occur with Opera or Firefox...
... And started happening without any updates having been done to chat.

Also, it started for most people a few days ago to a couple weeks ago and seems that it may have happened in conjunction with an auto-update to either IE 7 or windows XP. I'm pretty sure I don't have this problem on my computers running Vista, just XP... which may indicate it was an "Explorer" update that caused the problem, rather than internet explorer itself.

~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Happy Anniversary
[Click For More Info]

HAPPY 15th ANNIVERSARY!  This is the most amazing site on the web (and no, I'm not biased! *^*Laugh*^*) and just when I think it can't get any better, you two show me just how wrong I am.  This place is definitely my online home, and I want to say a big THANK YOU for making it such a wonderful place.
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
IE7 crashes Chat · 06-24-07 1:20pm
by Legerdemain
*Star* Re: IE7 crashes Chat · 06-24-07 2:18pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: IE7 crashes Chat · 06-24-07 2:59pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: IE7 crashes Chat · 06-24-07 3:49pm
by Legerdemain

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.

This printed copy is for your personal use only. Reproduction of this work in any other form is not allowed and does violate its copyright.