This is my third blog/journal since joining this site in 2002. I've come a long way but I still love to ramble. |
I'm a mom, a sister, a daughter, an artist, and married to my childhood sweetheart. Orginally from Arkansas, I now live in Tennessee. Thanks for stopping by!
March 17, 2012 at 12:20am
|I've been thinking lately on how to get my work published. And not in the traditional way. There are places online where I could submit my stuff and perhaps sell it as ebooks. Like Smashwords, for instance. From what I've researched so far, it looks like all I need to do is format my writing to a Microsoft document and send it in to them. And the best part is that it's free. Free is a very good price. Since I'm already familiar with Microsoft (after having used it many times when I worked for the VA), creating the files that Smashwords accepts should be no problem for me.
Some of the free ebooks I've seen in iBooks were created through Smashwords. And not all of them are good. I've come across quite a bit of erotica with massive grammar issues. Like they've escaped notice of any sort of editorial attention. While I don't claim to be the best writer out there, I know a lot of my work is better than what I've already seen. Reading erotica (or anything for that matter) needs to flow so the reader isn't distracted by errors in grammar or spelling. It's hard to get involved when your mind is busy correcting those kinds of flaws!
Oh, and I've been given permission to reveal the other person's identity who likes erotica as much as I do (or even more, lol!). My husband has recently discovered it for himself and has been downloading off iBooks as frequently as me. I've gone and corrupted him! My evil plan has worked.....
I'm going to upload another sexy story tonight. It's a bit longer than my first one and I'm STILL hoping to get some sort of feedback. *crosses fingers*
And without further ado, my last installment of random Amy facts:
61) I often wish I could have another baby.
62) The first time I rode a bike, I was 12 (and Scott taught me how!).
63) I've never learned to swim.
64) Yellow is my least favourite colour.
65) I like to speak with a British accent when no one's around, just for the hell of it.
66) I am finally learning to stand up for myself and not be a puppet anymore.
67) I was labelled a nerd in high school.
68) I regret losing my virginity at 17 to the wrong guy.
69) I know that I can't change my past, only accept it happened and move on.
70) I like taking pictures.
71) I started smoking again in August 2011.
72) My daughter wears the same shoe size as I do.
73) My son is nearly as tall as my dad.
74) My cooking skills still need improvement, but I'm getting better.
75) I drink alcohol only on New Year's Eve.
76) I have an addiction to pretty scrapbook paper.
77) Never in my life will I ever consume liver and onions again. Yuck!!
78) Sometimes I miss living close to town.
79) I love cupcakes.
80) I wish the world wasn't so densely populated with willfully stupid people.
© Copyright 2013 Madame Momerath (UN: jemstar74 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Madame Momerath has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
|Log In To Leave Feedback|