I am a mom, a sister, a daughter, an artist, and married to my childhood sweetheart. Orginally from Arkansas, I now live in Tennessee. |
This is a blog in which you'll discover all kinds of lists, musings on motherhood, and the ramblings of a woman easily distract-- Hey look! A squirrel!!
Meanwhile Back at the Ranch
|I was going over my summary stats today (like I often like to do) and noticed that the most popular items read in my port are my blogs. I wish this site still let us see where the traffic came from, so I could get an idea of WHO was reading my stuff. Makes me curious, y'know?
Last night I added a fake quiz to my "Oh, That's Funny" folder. I tried to make a real quiz first, but I couldn't get the answers to match up right. So I deleted it and made it a static item instead. It's supposed to be a parody of one of those kinds of quizzes you'd find in women's magazines anyway. NOT to be taken seriously at all. If it does well, I'll try to add more. It's been a while since I've tried to write comedy and I need to stretch my funny bone.
*looks beside her laptop*
There's a huge pussy on the bed with me.
No. Really. There is!
And his name is Little Britches. Or Asshole as he's sometimes affectionately called (and he'll answer to both!). He's Scott's kitty and he's since adopted me. I think he weighs close to 30 pounds and he's a Maine Coon. VERY pretty cat with the most gorgeous green eyes. I'm his Facebook friend right now because I let him into the bedroom with me, so he could get away from my overly energetic kitties (namely Junior and Harry who are both idiots). Little Britches likes to nap and snuggle most of the time. This room is often his sanctuary for that.
*puts on subject turn signal*
I remember doing an entry in a previous blog about 80 random facts about myself. But that was back in 2006. I like to think I've changed some since then. So instead of bombarding you with ALL of them in this post, I'll give you 20 for now. And more will follow in future entries.
Here we go:
1) I married my childhood sweetheart.
2) Steampunk has been an obsession of mine before I knew its name.
3) My son has his driver's license.
4) My daughter loves to sing. All the time.
5) I am owned by four cats.
6) Scorpions still freak me out big time.
7) My level of morning consciousness depends on the amount of coffee in my system.
8) I am a former federal government employee.
9) I don't live very far from a major well-known river.
10) Country life will always be for me.
11) I am blessed with a wonderful, sexy, insanely intelligent, and loving husband.
12) I love to drive fast.
13) I've only had one speeding ticket in my life.
14) I found my childhood sweetheart on Facebook (or rather, he found me!).
15) Can't believe I'm pushing 40 already. Well, in two years!
16) I still love to create art everyday.
17) My most comfortable outfits consist of t-shirts and skirts.
18) Shoes are the very first thing I kick off when I get home.
19) I miss the ocean.
20) I miss my husband even more when he's on the boat.
© Copyright 2013 Madame Momerath (UN: jemstar74 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Madame Momerath has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
|Log In To Leave Feedback|