I thought I couldn't...
        by Milette   (milette@Writing.Com)
I thought I couldn't...but I lived my dream! I have always loved fashion...anything from jewelry to shoes, handbags & belts! For a long time I dreamt of owning and operating my very own online business. After spending hours, days, months on the internet & reading...because reading is knowledge; I finally did it!

After a trip to the Phillipines, I came across these beautiful, handcrafted handbags that I had never seen in the US. So, I asked the owner of the small shop how could I buy & take these to the US and I guess he liked me...because he furnished his supplier's name! Wow...that was easy. I bought only two bags, brought them to the US...and sold them in a week. I just posted them on Craig's List for free. I knew for sure that I had found a special product that women like me would like.

How I started was quite simple...purse parties! I contacted the supplier that the store owner in the Phillipines gave me & I was on the start of an exciting experience. I didn't get a loan, use a credit card or borrow money...I used my own money. I set aside $150 each month for my business. When I had a certain amount that I could invest & stock on merchandise, I went ahead and ordered my first handbags! Purse parties are great...you can sell your merchandise and the best part that its a PARTY!!! I then decided to go online. Where? EBAY...nope! LIVEDEAL! Why LIVEDEAL..because it breaks down the costs of advertising & I get more for my investment. And so, now I have two online stores: one that markets my beautiful coco shell handbags & the other (with my sister in charge) that markets jewelry, belts & designer inspired handbags!

Ohhh, I forgot...this is just a hobby a dream come true; I am a teacher & when I retire (still have a couple of years to go)...I will have something fun & exciting to do...& still earn money! See my handbag collection at: http://mystore.livedeal.com/milette & my other store is http://mystore.livedeal.com/handbagbay

Believe in yourself & don't let anyone tell you that you are wasting your time or that it won't work...because I believe that if you are focused & you have a plan...everything will fall into place!
© Copyright 2006 Milette (milette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.

This printed copy is for your personal use only. Reproduction of this work in any other form is not allowed and does violate its copyright.