Career Goal Essay
        by pixybrat   (pixybrat@Writing.Com)
My career goal is to become one of two things; either a Master chef in an upscale restaurant or a Personal chef. In order to accomplish this I have researched several universities as well as trade schools and found The French Culinary Institute to be the best avenue to meet my goals. In the FCI, you are immersed immediately into the culinary field; general study is not an option. In this way the education is more focused, making the time element that much shorter for me to obtain my goals, normally only six to nine months. Although I haven’t taken culinary classes in high school, I did intern at T. G. I. Fridays last spring, learning everything from prep work to final presentation of dishes. I did well enough in the short amount of time that I was there to be offered a position in their kitchen; unfortunately the hours were not there at the time to pursue this opportunity. Since then I have catered several small family parties, doing everything from menu planning to final presentation. Throughout my entire education, I have kept my grades at honor roll level while also engaging in extra curricular activities and volunteer opportunities, to round out my school experience. It has been my hope by maintaining these high standards, that I may be able to win several scholarships to help pay for my education at the Institute along with student and personal loans.
© Copyright 2007 pixybrat (pixybrat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.

This printed copy is for your personal use only. Reproduction of this work in any other form is not allowed and does violate its copyright.