*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/1208156-The-Children-of-Midian
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Folder · Fantasy · #1208156
A novel - Elliot ventures to Midian, where children share an uneasy truce evil Lycaon.
If imagination is fuel, how do you defeat an evil that feeds on it? This is the challenge facing fourteen-year old Elliot Hanson, an army brat who stumbles into Midian, where a tribe of children shares an uneasy truce with evil Lycaon and his minions. Lycaon keeps the kids confined like animals in a game preserve because he needs the power of their imagination, but time is running out before he unleashes his army of werewolves upon them.

Sarcastic but fiercely loyal, Elliot’s desire to right wrongs and stand up for others seems a natural fit in their fight against Lycaon. Mara, the children’s reticent leader, accepts him into her council. As if this parallel world weren’t enough for Elliot to cope with, Lycaon is developing a weapon that will make the children expendable. To make matters worse, Lycaon’s guards seize Elliot's parents, who’ve come looking for him. He returns home to fetch his sister, but must balance his desire to reunite his family with that of saving the children.

As they inch closer to the mysteries of this strange land, his friendship with Mara grows. But one night, she disappears, and someone poisons his sister. Elliot wonders if his penchant for rash judgments has cost him Mara and his family. His search for the traitor takes him to Lycaon’s fortress, where he discovers the secret of the weapon and the resulting plan to vanquish Midian’s children. Elliot’s journey unfolds as the story reaches its pulse-quickening climax.

PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> Novels -> The Children of Midian
There are no visible items in this folder.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/1208156-The-Children-of-Midian