*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228389-Resurrection-Rolls
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Food/Cooking · #1228389
What a great way to show that...HE IS RISEN!
I used to be active in children's ministry. In one church, I taught using lessons called One Room Sunday School. Why? Because my class consisted of kids from age four through thirteen. Talk about a challenge!

I have been both a preschool teacher and director as well.

Plus, my own son was home educated from fourth through twelfth grade.

I'm continually finding things that I used back then, to teach with examples that could be seen and touched. This is one of those.




Resurrection Rolls




Ingredients: Crescent rolls, Melted Butter, Large Marshmallows, Cinnamon, Sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees


Crescent rolls are refrigerated, pre-made, bread/biscuit dough, perforated into triangle shapes, rolled into a cylinder , and packed in a cardboard tube. To use them you unroll the dough, separate it into the triangles, then roll each triangle up, and bend it into a crescent shape.

Give each child a triangle of crescent rolls. The crescent roll represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in.

Give each child a marshmallow, this represents Jesus.

Have him dip the marshmallow in melted butter, which represents the oils of embalming.

Dip the buttered marshmallow in the cinnamon and sugar which represents the spices used to anoint the body.

Wrap up the coated marshmallow tightly in the crescent roll, roll up but bring the sides up and seal the marshmallow inside. This represents the wrapping of Jesus' body after death.

Place in a 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes The oven represents the tomb--pretend like it was three days!

When the rolls have cooled slightly, the children can open their rolls (cloth) and discover that Jesus is no longer there, HE IS RISEN! (The marshmallow melts and the crescent roll is puffed up, but empty).
© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1228389-Resurrection-Rolls