Letter to my ex mother-in-law
        by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help   (writing_life@Writing.Com)
This letter is written to be saved until I have left this world.  Some people write wills.  I have nothing to will, but all  my life I have not wanted to leave things undone.  We never know when it is time to step out of this life.  So please don't allow this letter to effect you negitive.  I am just making sure that these are here in case they are needed in the future SOMEDAY.


December 29, 2007

Dear Willadean Cole,
My heart’s mother-in-law,

I have missed you.  When I think of you it makes me smile. The life we have had together is beyond that of a soap opera.  Now I have the opportunity that I did not have in those sixteen years, and that is to be your friend.

Willadean, I know that getting through to you was a battle, and that when I did it was still an emotional roll a coaster.  The surgeries, the births of your grand children, and packing of your wounds.  All the time I spent teaching you to build your faith while you healed from such pain.

I know that you have not had a lot of love, but Deanel, its out there in your children if you give it a chance.  Please give them a chance to love you before it is too late. 

Robert’s and my divorce is not his sister’s fault.  She is your daughter, and blaming your daughter is just wasting time that you could use loving her.  She has lost a lot in her life, and that is why I am not mad at her.  He had left me three other times before he met Rachel at Lisa’s. 

If you love me the way you say,  please try to do a few things for me.  Be happy that I don’t have to live in a marriage that your son doesn’t want to be in.  He should be happy too.  Stop blaming people.  Just let go of the bitterness.  You have Alzheimer, and your precious time should be spent creating memories that may shine through the times ahead.  I am not your daughter-in-law now.  Though I still love you, Rachel is your daughter-in-law.  She has your new grand son, and remember that the child had nothing to do with my life or that of his parents.

If you are reading this, the timing will help it to touch your heart.  Doc is trying now to make up for all the pain that has happened in the past. Please allow him to.  Hurting him doesn’t change the tears of the past.  Make him memories of tomorrow that are happy ones.  You both have been through enough to deserve them.  Don’t you think.

Think of the good times with those you love, and allow them to love you back.

Ida Matilda (Cole) Wright



© Copyright 2007 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.

This printed copy is for your personal use only. Reproduction of this work in any other form is not allowed and does violate its copyright.