*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1384083-Book-Proposal-Letter----I-need-HELP
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Career · #1384083
Draft I would like to present to different editors. I need some help, can you help me?
Yeah.....I said It!

                            By
                      Freida Peepul


Yeah..... I said It! A dialogue provoking examination of the issues that plague the African American community.

Written as an answer to a call to action asked for in the "Covenant With Black America", 'Yeah.....I said it! talks "to" and not "at" those within the community that have been targeted most.  I understand them because I am one of them.  I have been through the welfare system, I have been a single mother and I'm out here without a college education.  I use straight, plain talk to reach my people and to let them know that they can do better.

While this book, Yeah... I said It, should be published on its own merits, this book does something that books by authors like Michael Eric Dyson, Bill Cosby, Cornel West,and others don't do.  It talks directly to the African American community and not at it.  It gives the perspective of someone who has been on that level and knows how it feels to come up out of it.  I have read books by these authors and I give them the utmost respect as they have given voice to the voiceless in many cases.
Publishing of this book would offer an alternative to the usual, not always meant to be, over the head reading.  It talks directly to the behaviors that have been both witnessed and committed by the author, me. 

The enclosed two chapters will show that these behaviors are not only discussed but alternatives to them are given along with charges to the reader to make change their actions so that they can improve their lives and the lives of their children.  I don't just talk about it, I try to  give them a way to be about it.  This is why I call, Yeah...I said it! a new look at the people I love from their rung on the ladder.

While I am not a published author I have always been in love with writing.  I have been writing short stories, read only by family and friends, since I was in junior high school and served a short term on the High School Newspaper, a few years ago I even took a writing class. Though my life has taken me in a different direction I have returned to writing.  In this case this is something that I feel passionate about and in talking to the people in the community around me I have found that others do as well.  There is an audience for this book, at this time, full of those who have been waiting to hear from someone who has, as we say, been through it.  Yeah.... I said it gives to them the end of a long wait.  I will be submitting a full copy of the manuscript to a popular radio station here to do exactly what I have set out to do, start a dialogue.
*Confused*
Naturally some personal information has been excluded.
© Copyright 2008 Frieda Peepul (dstokes010 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1384083-Book-Proposal-Letter----I-need-HELP