*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564005-The-Box
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1564005
Written from the POV of a house cat plotting to destroy the stereo.
"The Box"
("Animal Mania" Entry)

Oh, dear.

She's doing it again.

My human loves this thing she calls "music", she even yowls along to it for some odd reason. Sometimes, the "music" is okay, even pleasant, but it's mostly too loud and too ... chaotic for me.

The thing she calls "classical" is good, if only for the lack of yowling, but dear Bast, this "pop" has got to go!

I've seen the things she calls "See Dees", and the machine she puts them in, the box she calls a "stare-yo". She doesn't like it when I get too close to these See Dees, she doesn't want them damaged. And she really hates it when I get close to the box -- like one stray bit of fur is going to break it. Other humans are allowed to touch it, and put See Dees in it, but Bast forbid I get within one whisker-length of the thing.

Last time she caught me near the box, I pushed the button that opens it -- she sprayed me with water and yelled at me! You'd think I'd barfed a hairball on the middle of the table or something.

(Note to self: Barf up a hairball on the table.)

This time, I'll have to be super-sneaky and strike when she's sleeping.

The box will leave one way or another, even if I have to chew through the snakes that come out the back.
© Copyright 2009 wmdkitty (wmdkitty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1564005-The-Box