|The Festival is pleased to announce our 2011 Fiction Contest. We will be accepting submissions by mail and online from June 1, 2010—November 15, 2010.
See http://tennesseewilliams.net for guidelines and eligibility
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge: Robert Olen Butler
* Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the 2011 Festival in New Orleans
* VIP All-Access Festival Pass ($500 value)
* Public reading at the 2011 Festival (25th anniversary: March 23-27)
* Publication in Bayou
Top Ten Finalists
* Names will appear on website. Finalists will also receive a panel pass ($60 value) to attend the 2011 Festival.
* A submission is one original short story, written in English, up to 7,000 words.
* The author's name should not appear on the manuscript.
* Please include a separate cover page with story title and word count as well as the author’s name, address, phone, and email.
* Pages must be numbered and single-spaced.
* Simultaneous submissions accepted; please notify the Festival if your story is accepted elsewhere.
* Unlimited entries per person are allowed. You must complete a separate entry payment and submission form for each entry.
* Stories can be any theme or genre.
* Do not include professional resumes or biographies with your entry. Entries are judged anonymously; the judges only consider manuscript quality.
* This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
* Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
* Stories that won this contest in previous years are ineligible; their authors remain eligible but must submit new work.
* Stories submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
* Stories that have won any other writing contest are ineligible.
* The deadline for online and mailed-in submissions is November 15, 2010 (postmark).
* The winner will be announced by March 1, 2011.
* $25 per entry. Unlimited entries per person.
* Submission fees are non-refundable.
To enter online: Electronic submissions are preferred and must be in .doc, .rtf or PDF formats. If you are using the latest version of Microsoft Word, please save your submission as .doc and not a .docx file before sending it to us. We accept entry fees via Discover, MasterCard and Visa only.
To enter by mail: Send your manuscript and check or money order for $25 (made out to the: Tennessee Williams Literary Festival) to: Fiction Contest Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival 938 Lafayette Street, Suite 514 New Orleans, LA 70113. Do not send submissions by certified mail or signature-required delivery.
© Copyright 2010 TennWill (UN: twfest at Writing.Com).
All rights reserved.
TennWill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
|Log In To Leave Feedback|