|1. If the weather is good, Nani will play golf, and, of course, she will win.
Rules: Rule 2(Introductory Adverbial Clause); Rule 1(Coordinating Conjunction); Rule 17(Interrupters, Expressions, Direct Addresses)
2. She plans on using the old, cherished nine iron that her father gave her when she was a girl.
Rules: Rule 3a (Coordinate Adjectives); Rule 4c (That Clauses)
3. Winnie teaches her grand nieces and nephews about the family history, and shows them pictures of their ancestors.
Rules: Rule 1 (Compound Sentences with Coordinating Conjunctions)
4. I ,too, was scared as we ran from the Chupacabra.
Rules: Rule 12 (Adverbs in Short Sentences); Rule 9 (Ending Adverbial Clause)
5. Sister of Mercy writes poetry and listens to Johnny Cash. Still, she has time for daily reviews.
Rules: Rule 1 (not a compound sentence); Rule 7(Introductory Transitional Words)
6. Editing her rough draft, checking every comma, and correcting misspelled words were time consuming for Ali, but her work paid off in the end.
Rules: Rule 5 (Elements in a Series); Rule 18 (Contrasting Coordinate Elements)
7. This is the fifth Lesson in the Comma-Kazi Class; we have one more Lesson to learn.
Rules: Rule 15 (Comma Splices)
8. Winnie, who has a dog named Pancho, is concerned about animal abuse, donating time and money to shelters.
Rules: Rule 4a (Non-Essential Element) Rule
9. The popular Writer's Cramp Contest judge Sophy is fair and trustworthy.
Rules: Rule 16b (Essential Appositive)
10. Donating her time assisting newbies, Riot is an invaluable WDC mentor.
Rules: Rule 6a (Introductory Phrases)
11. To achieve perfection in proper comma usage is difficult, not unattainable.
Rules: Rule 14 (Separation of Subject & Verb); Rule 18 (Contrasting Coordinate Elements)
12. Alas, the fairy which had the broken wing could no longer fly.
Rules: Rule 7; Rule 4b (Essential Element)
13. Amazingly, everyone survived the Comma-Kazi Class.
Rules: Rule 10 a (Disjunctive Adverbial Words)
14. The Administrator of the New Horizons Academy, Sariah, teaches the Basic Grammar Class.
Rules: Rule 16a (Non-Essential Appositive)
15. The term almost over, Winnie will fortunately have more time to review her friends' work.
Rules: Rule 11 (Absolute Phrases); Rule 10b (Adjunctive Adverb)
© Copyright 2011 Nani - Blessed Indeed (UN: counselormom at Writing.Com).
All rights reserved.
Nani - Blessed Indeed has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
|Log In To Leave Feedback|