ANTHOLOGY CONTEST - Cash prizes - NO FEE! See your story in print!
This is a themed contest. Your story must not have been published before and be between 1000 and 1750 words. It may be any genre, but this sentence must appear somewhere in the story: "Tonight we re-write the rules... "
CASH PRIZES!! Plus: The top ten stories will be published in a Spring Anthology Ebook which will be made available through Amazon.
First prize – $50 (or $100 rebate on any eight-week writing course) and publication in the anthology Ebook.
Second prize – $25 (or $50 rebate on any eight-week writing course) and publication in the anthology Ebook.
Third prize –$10 (or $25 rebate on any eight-week writing course) and publication in the anthology Ebook.
In addition: Seven Judge's Choice stories will receive publication in the anthology Ebook.
Accepting submissions from February 1, 2013 through February 28, 2013
Entries must be received by midnight, USA Eastern Standard Time, February 28, 2013 to be eligible for consideration.
1. Any genre: Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Humor, Romance, Children, etc., No erotica, profanity, swearing, or gore. (Swearing includes the following: hell, damn, bitch, taking God's name in vain, and other similar words.) This is a "G" rated contest. Entries that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified. If you have queries, please contact the head judge at CWIContest2012@gmail.com.
2. Entries must be 1,000 to 1,750 words. (This is a strict word count. Don't count the title or personal information.) Place the word count at the top of page 1 before submitting.
3. No more than two entries per person, please. Each story must be a separate entry.
4. By entering this contest, you are stating that the story is your own copyright. You are stating that it has NOT been previously published by a professional or semi-professional publication. You are stating that you grant minor editing rights for publication, and if chosen, Creative Writing Institute has first, non-exclusive, electronic rights.
(Previously self published material is acceptable if in a personal blog, critique group, personal web page, etc. )
5. Submit original work. By entering, you are stating that the work is your own copyright.
6. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, style, and technique.
7. Be sure that your entry has been proofread and edited. Points will be deducted for poorly structured sentences, spelling mistakes, and grammatical errors. Your entry should reflect your commitment to writing.
8. Entries will only be accepted through this form and as plain text. (As you go through the submission process, there will be a space for you to cut and paste your document.) Do NOT send as .pdf, attachments, or emailed entries as these will NOT be accepted.
9. Read tips and tricks on how to win a contest at Deb's Blog
FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES so your entry won't be disqualified.
Winners will be notified by email on or before April 30, 2013.
The competition will be judged by five judges, experienced in short story writing and editing. Direct your questions to Jo Popek, head judge, at CWIContest2012@gmail.com.
Competition Coordinator is Annie Evett .
Sign up for The Writer's Choice Newsletter at http://www.CreativeWritingInstitute.com. Get the latest, hottest tips on writing!
SEE FULL GUIDELINES AND DETAILS AT https://creativewritinginstitute.submittable.com/submit.
Good Luck with your entries!
Deborah Owen, CEO, Creative Writing Institute
Writer's hints on Wordpress: DeborahOwen@CWInst.com