|Most Hunter equipment is improvised and collected from drugstores and outdoor outfitters. However, some equipment and weapons are specialized or unavailable for the general public. Here is a far from comprehensive list.
· Stakes: Naturally, this is a vampire hunter’s most used weapon in his arsenal. The legends got something right. Personalized stakes are common. Met a guy who claimed to use a spike from the back of the Leviathan.
· Religious Iconography: The faith behind these symbols repels the creatures. I swear I heard of a guy fighting off vampires with a copy of the Communist Manifesto.
· Monofilament Saber: The futuristic response to the undead threat. Silver, of course.
· Albtraum’s Pistols: This sixteenth century gunsmith made exquisite and highly powerful wheellocks that still function beautifully today. Possibly of inhuman origins himself, they take on new powers in the hands of certain races.
· Mortem Medicinae: The only known natural cure to vampirism is blood from now-extinct dragons. This artificial chemical can cure it, but with the useful side effect of killing the vampire.
· Vampire Blood: Ironically, vampire blood itself is often drunk in small doses by hunters. It has the miraculous ability to restore vigor and extend life. Be careful, it’s also highly addictive. This is where some slayers come from.
· Of course, a hunter’s greatest weapons will always be his training, experience, and a good head.
© Copyright 2012 Jeremiah Patrick Safford (UN: gobba42 at Writing.Com).
All rights reserved.
Jeremiah Patrick Safford has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
|Log In To Leave Feedback|