Letter for my Mom
        by ~Enigma~   (enigma@Writing.Com)
Dear Mom;

I know it isn’t, much but I’ve decided to write you a little letter to tell you everything you mean to me.
I was looking for cards for you the other day, something that you would like, and that could get my point across but wasn’t to mushy. It’s a hard compromise to make. So I said to myself “Self, why not make her a card?” But then I was thinking about it today, and I’m not the most poetic.

So here I am writing you a letter, something I probably haven’t done since I stopped believing in Santa *wink*.
To express in words everything that you are to me would be like trying to fill the grand canyon one grain of sand at a time, but I’m going to try.

Everything I love about myself comes from you. My eyes, my ability to smile and laugh at myself. My perseverance, and ability to tell myself “It’ll all turn out in the end”. You taught me everything about life, from the most basic things like tying my laces and saying my ABC’s to much more complex things. Loving myself, simply because you love me, and complete understanding of others. You told me once that I’m to independent for a man. You are the one who taught me that independence, I’m happy being myself, you trust my opinion and always keep an open mind to what I have to say, not many adults have that respect for kids. You always listen to me and allow me to make my own mistakes. I’m sure you’ve watched me walk into situations that you knew were going to hurt, but the thing that lets me know how much you care is that you let me go into them. Had I been totally sheltered from life I’d never learn, and when life pushed me around you always gave me your shoulder and ear, and the strength to push back. I’ve always pulled through.

Remember grade 3 and Miss Dunnett? How I’d cry because of her? You always listened to me then, even though, looking back I realize my qualms were so frivolous.

Your so self-less, it amazes me. I asked you SO MANY times what you wanted for mothers day but you couldn’t think of your wants! “Get me an ink jet” “what do you want to get me?”

It’s so hard to find something this year because I realized, that I don’t give you as much credit as you deserve, flowers don’t do you justice.
I want to pamper you, I want to hire an astronaut to write how much I love you on the moon.

I can’t express in words what you give to me without even knowing it. Your doing an amazing job being my mother, and I don’t think I tell you enough.
I feel as though I take you for granted sometimes, and maybe you even take yourself for granted.

So today is your one day a year to be spoiled, one measly little day to focus on you rather then everyone else, when you’ve given every day of your life for the past 16 years to me.

I can’t imagine my life with anyone else. I don’t even want to imagine it.
We’re growing old together and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

So happy mothers day, I hope you enjoy it, and now you know that I can write more then 50 words about what you mean to me. I don’t need an essay contest to tell you though. (549 words)

Mom I love you with every fibre of my being.
You need more then 24 hours.

Happy Mothers Day !
I’ll always have you to thank for everything I am.

Love you every day of the year
Your daughter








© Copyright 2002 ~Enigma~ (enigma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.

This printed copy is for your personal use only. Reproduction of this work in any other form is not allowed and does violate its copyright.