*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/486385-Its-Everyones-Job
by Kenzie
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #486385
We can make a difference in the world around us. It's our job.
It's Everyone's Job!
by Marilyn Mackenzie

book and glasses

Every day, I receive devotionals from two or three sources, and some quotes from three sources as well. I've been meaning to eliminate one of the quote mailers, since it just doesn't usually have anything I can grab onto. Today was a different story. Today, I received this quote. "If you have no will to change it, you have no right to criticize it." --Anon.

How true this is, and it's something I've recently been trying to stress to my son. There are many whiners and complainers in this world, and I guess I do have little patience with them. The whiners and complainers of this world don't seem apt to do much more than whine and complain. My response to those who just complain is, what are you doing to change that?

If they complain about politics and government, I ask just what they've done to try to change the system. Have they at least voted, and done so as educated and responsible voters, by researching what each candidate believes and what goals each candidate embraces. If it's local politics they're lambasting, I inquire about whether they've volunteered to be on one of the city's committees, or better still researched being a candidate themselves.

If they complain about their particular church, I ask what they have done to help change the hard hearts they've encountered. And I inquire about whether they have sought God's will about how they can be involved in teaching and instructing others, or if they've sought other members with whom they can pray for the church.

If they complain about the way teenagers have turned out, I ask if they have volunteered at the local teen center, or at their church youth group, so they can be a positive influence on them. Better still, I ask what they've done to volunteer with younger children, so they can help see a difference in the way kids develop into teens.

If they complain about business ethics, I ask what they've done in their own work or business life to show a better way of behaving to their co-workers and employers.

If each individual resolves to make a difference in some small way, big changes will be the results. Sometimes, just a smile and kind words to all you encounter throughout the day helps soften hard hearts.

Letting the light of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ shine through you as you go about your daily routine is one of the easiest ways to make an impact on the world. Being an example, by showing love, kindness, integrity, honesty, loyalty and joy to those at your work place, and at the places you visit throughout the day, is a great way to help make this world one in which you can enjoy living.

Too many of us attend worship services on Sunday, but leave what we've learned right there at the church to be picked up again the next time we're there. Instead, we need to learn to be Christ-like throughout our days and our lives. Only then can we truly make a difference in this world. That's our job.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16



 Do Something!  (E)
We can dream about doing things or talk about doing things. Or we can do something...
#486365 by Kenzie


 Follow Your Dreams  (E)
We owe it to the world and to ourselves to follow our dreams.
#473168 by Kenzie


 Reaching for the Stars (Or Stairs?)  (ASR)
In the eyes of many in this world, I've not achieved true success.
#471976 by Kenzie
© Copyright 2002 Kenzie (kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/486385-Its-Everyones-Job