*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000033-Ring-Out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1000033 added December 11, 2020 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Ring Out
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]:
11. National Noodle Ring Day
This is not just some random food holiday about pasta forming a ring. It is about a special dish everyone can cook who has a bundt pan and noodles. The noodles have to be cooked and then filled into the bundt pan. Anything can be added now: from eggs, tomatoes, cheese, carrots, or bacon, and of course the sauce. The dish now has to bake and can later be turned upside down.
Thought and opinions? Something you might try?

"JAFBG [XGC]:
Some say this is the time of year to make peace. What are you coming to terms with as 2020 draws to an end?


No.

To both.

The former reminds me too much of the gelatin molds that were inexplicably popular when I was a kid. Look, I'm sure the noodle ring can be delicious -- how could it not be; it's pasta -- but I have better things to do with pasta, and if I'm going to bake it, it's going to be in a normal pan because I don't do "cute."

We all like different things for different reasons, and I made peace with that a long time ago -- at least in culinary matters. As for the kind of peace the other prompt is talking about, of course I'm for "peace." On earth, goodwill to humanity, etc. Nothing wrong with that. It's just the whole "coming to terms with" I'm not going to go out of my way to do.

Eventually we either make peace with whatever bad stuff happens, or we die first. No need to rush it, especially when there was so much about this year that was just insufferably bad for so many people. It's easier for me knowing that shit's basically random. Other people, I know, take comfort in believing that it's all part of a plan. But other people would probably also make and eat Noodle Rings. Whatever.

Yeah, I know I usually have more to say in here, but nothing important happened yesterday and the prompts really aren't inspiring anything. I mean, food prompts usually at least make me hungry, but not this one. Tomorrow, though... probably then I'll have something better to say.

© Copyright 2020 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000033-Ring-Out