*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000102-December-12-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1000102 added December 12, 2020 at 7:36am
Restrictions: None
December 12, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

I love this image. Hello all,

Prompt Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020

Proverbs 5:9-13

9. Lest thou give thine honour unto others and thy years unto the cruel:

10. Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth, and thy labours be in the house of a stranger;

11. And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed.

12. And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof;

13. And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!

In this passage God is writing through Solomon that disobedience to His word will mean that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. We will work very hard to see no profit. We will eat and eat and remain hungry. Everything we do will be done for someone else. We will never be able to earn a decent living for our money will all be owed.

I know exactly what Solomon and God are saying here. For years I lived in that vanity. Every dime I made went to somebody else. I was never ahead. I ate one meal per day if I was lucky and often went hungry. I lived in sin and blamed everybody else for my problems. I wrote and published four books. They went nowhere. I tried and tried and could not succeed. Finally, I started doing things God's way. My life has been blessed ever since. I earn $300.00 per month yet I am never broke. I have three hot meals a pay and a roof over my head. I just received word yesterday that a company wants to republish one of my books because they think it has the potential to sell. They offer not only a publishing contract but also a substantial marketing package. They want to make me famous.

I am also a graduate student achieving quite a bit of success. I am halfway through my graduate program and my GPA is 3.90. If you had ever told me I would go to graduate school and achieve a 3.90 GPA I would have asked what you were smoking! It was impossible for me before I met Jesus. Now with His help, my every effort is blessed.

A big thank you to Flights of Fantasy Image Shoppe for the moving images! We were cruising at light speed today near the galactic hub of WDC when the sensors picked up a signal from the star (1) . We traced the signal to the planet
 
STATIC
A Wolf's Sonnet to the Rabbit  (E)
Does the wolf think about the rabbit? Does the rabbit pray for the wolf?
#2239452 by T. Merle
by T. Merle

. The signal asked if the wolf ever considered the rabbit and if the rabbit ever prayed for the wolf. Write about a rabbit and a wolf.

The crew had a hard time figuring out what a rabbit and a wolf were. We checked the computer data banks and finally located them in a hidden archive. The wolf turned out to be a carnivorous animal from the canine phylum on earth. It is a four-legged mammal that often hunts in packs. They usually attack larger games since they do hunt in packs and the whole pack has to eat. We were surprised to find that a rabbit is a small rodent that would barely make a snack for most wolves so we don't know why the wolf would hunt the rabbit, to begin with. Then we scanned some old earth movies of animated, anthropomorphic animals called Bugs Bunny and began to understand why the signal asked that. Apparently, some people on the planet truly believe that wolves eat primarily small game. However, our research shows that they attack larger game.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know. Saint Augustine
What is your definition of time?"

Time is a hard thing to explain. In order to understand time, we would have to be able to understand eternity. Since we do not understand eternity it is hard to wrap our heads around time. Time is both a manmade thing and a natural occurrence. Man created time so that he could measure its passage as he ages and the universe ages. Yet we know that time can be manipulated as a black hole in space is the result of an implosion of a huge star that warps the fabric of time and space. What is time? I do not know.

Blog City image small Propt: "The Adjectives Game
List 5 things you like or dislike tasting, and then list 5 adjectives for each item. For example, you might like the taste of cake. The 5 adjectives might be: sweet, gooey, yummy, nutty, and scrumptious. Now do the same for your other senses.

This builds your sensory vocabulary and ability to write with flair and color."

Things I like:

Cake: sweet
Ice Cream: creamy
Potatoe chips: cruchy
Sweet Potatoes: starchy
Candy bars: chocolatey
Bread: doughy

Things I don't like:

Brussel sprouts: bitter
Vinegar: sour
Ranch dressing: tart
Cottage cheese: curded
Decaf coffee: weak and pointless
Evil: negative






Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000102-December-12-2020