*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000435-December-18-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1000435 added December 18, 2020 at 9:26am
Restrictions: None
December 18, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small


I love this image. "Prompt Friday, Dec. 18, 2020

Proverbs 6:12-15

12. A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.

13. He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his finger;

14. Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.

15. Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy."

I had to look up the word "froward" as used in the KJV. It means "contrary". The NIV translates the hebrew word here as corrupt. The Hebrew word is עִקְּשׁ֥וּת and it basically means that this person is a troublemaker. They say anything they can to stir up strife, which God does not like. God does not like it when people don't get along. Man was created to be united and to serve others. That is why it always feels so good when we spend time helping somebody else with no intention of charging them for doing so. Altruism was what we were created for.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox "Today while cruising through the WDC galaxy we orbited the galactic hub and went straight across the plane of the galaxy ten parsecs. We found a star StarrQueen and the planet
 Where I'm From  (E)
A poem about where I'm from and what I feel connected to.
#2239915 by StarrQueen

was orbiting the star. The author here describes where they are from in poetic terms. How would you describe where you are from?"

As the author of this piece says I feel connected to where I am from. I was going to be smart and say that I was from my mother, but the truth of the matter is that my body is from the dust of the ground and my soul is from God. I know that thios piece is talking about being connected to the place where you were born and raised and for me that was the Mid-Ohio Valley Region of West Virginia. Yes. I do feel connected to the region as it is where I grew up. I knew the people and the culture well there.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "As the year closes what last-minute things are you trying to get done?"

I have already met all my goals for 2020. I made a New Year's resolution in December 2019 that I was going to pass my West Virginia Certification Board of Addiction Prevention Professionals IC&RC exams for a certification as a Peer Recovery Support Specialist. That goal was met on December 9, 2020. I am now a certified peer recovery support specialist, which means I can legally sign my name Marvin D. Schrebe, CPRSS now.

I find that the trick with setting resolutions is to set a resolution that you want with all your heart and soul and one that can be achieved realistically. Then you must break that resolution down into achivable steps and work to meet each objective. Jesus once said that no man sets out to build a house unless he has the funds and the means to finish it. I do not mean that from a religious perspective but from a practical one. Jesus was a master carpenter. If anybody knew what it took to build it was Him. Just as the architect or engineer has to calculate costs, so we must calculate costs when setting resolutions.

Blog City image small Prompt: "Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse but that's" (not) "what really happened is it.... have fun."

No. It was quiet until the mouse came out and started his shenanigans. Them the cat and he started to play. I told them to be quiet or Santa would pass right over the house. They wouldn't listen to me. Suddenly Santa came down the chimney. Santa asked what on earth all the commotion was. I told him the ornery mouse had come out to play. I figured Santa was angry. He just laughed and joined the mouse with the games! I don't know how the rest of the world's gifts got delivered.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000435-December-18-2020