*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000660-Coffee-and-Philosophy
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#1000660 added December 22, 2020 at 7:48am
Restrictions: None
Coffee and Philosophy
It's easy to get into a slump. Holiday pressures, family worries, toilet paper shortages - the modern world provides daily stresses that quickly change to keep us on our toes. There's no chance of solving the universe through deep reflection. This is not a philosophical battle we're in, it's a real one with ever-changing enemies and battlefields.

Sorry, I got carried away. I simply meant to give a few facile excuses for my lack of verve and engagement. I don't know how it turned so Fortnite.

I was really just going to tell you about my paper towels.

Usually, I buy plain white paper towels - but these days, you take what you can get (see the reference to shortages above). The kids brought home a big package of brightly patterned paper towel rolls. The first one had blue and green bicycles all over it. But the second one - that second roll is an endless supply of cheerfulness and optimism.

No, really. Every sheet is covered in encouragement. The paper towel under my coffee cup has "Every day is a new opportunity" emblazoned in bright pink and green lettering. It also tells me to "Kick" the past in some way or other. I can't tell for sure since this is one of those rolls where you can tear off half sheets and I don't have the other half of these sentences right here. Maybe it's the neon green, maybe it's the fact that my coffee is something I highly desire and it's sitting on this paper towel, but I feel an unusual amount of psychological pressure when I lift my cup and reveal the command to "CHANGE"!

Anyway, it's possible that I am only writing this blog entry because the paper towels told me to.



© Copyright 2020 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000660-Coffee-and-Philosophy