*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000821-Merry-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#1000821 added December 25, 2020 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
Merry Christmas
Well, its Christmas day and I was out in the shop working on my motorcycles.

Today was the day I turned my attention to the Bison. The Bison is a 250 cc version of the 350cc Bighorn. Not withstanding the 100cc displacement the bikes are pretty much identical except that the Bison is uses a points system and the Bighorn operates on a CDI ignition system. Yesterday I cleaned the carburetor and today it was time to look at what was under the flywheel. There are three coils, which are electrical winding that produce electricity. The three look to be identical which is quite different from the Bighorn. There the coils are visibly different. One serves the ignition, the other provides the trigger signal to the CDI and the third charges the battery, and operates the lights.

Anyway I was plugging away and found there was no Woodruff key to center and connect the flywheel with the crankshaft. I knew something was amiss when the flywheel came off so easily. In replacing the key I dropped it down into a coil of wires and quit my wrenching in disgust. Now I have to take the points plate off to retrieve it. Not that its so hard but sometimes the day starts bad and I didn't want to spoil the day with bad karma and unspoken swearwords.

So there it is... Merry Christmas!

© Copyright 2020 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000821-Merry-Christmas