*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000884-Just-Ramblings--A-Load-of-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1000884 added December 27, 2020 at 2:47am
Restrictions: None
Just Ramblings & A Load of 2020
It's funny how I come in here to write some nights after everyone's asleep so I have quiet and can relax and unwind. But when I get here, I can't think of a damn thing to write about. I had a couple of topics earlier, but of course, I didn't write them down; I didn't have anything to write them on when they hit.

It was a pretty uneventful day as a whole, but the older daughter got herself in trouble again. She wanted to go spend a few hours with her friend but is behind on school work. The deal was, get some of it done and then you can go for a few hours. But she didn't work on any of it all morning, then asked if she could go. They are adopted, granddaughters of my wife, so they call us gramma and grampa, not mom and dad. Gramma had given in after she finally did some school work, and once again, instead of coming home at the allotted time, she texts and asks if she can stay another hour.  This is the case each time she has gone to visit a friend lately, and it's got gramma pretty upset. On the other hand, the younger girl is doing pretty good right now, but that's the way it always seems to go, one or the other is creating problems, almost like they take turns. 

My great task for the day was to set up the X Box we all got as a family gift for Christmas. I should be upset, Santa brings this stuff and leaves it under the tree, then I have to figure out how to set this stuff up. The least he could do is set it up; I think we need a new Christmas rule; if Santa delivers electronics, he either has to install and set up the contraption, or leave an elf with the device to assist with set-up.

It wasn't difficult to hook up, but once it was hooked up and plugged in, I had no idea what to do. This brings to mind a new pet peeve I have. Why in the 2020 doesn't anyone include directions with electronics anymore? From the Kindle readers to the portable photo printer, the X Box, and the wireless ear-buds, as well as a few other gadgets around here, none came with any instructions. A few came with enough to set it up, but then nothing with operating the device. I even looked online and found, in sick humor, operating manuals that didn't explain anything more than the card that told how to set it up.

Yes, I stated 2020 as a cuss word. My daughters just roll their eyes at me when I say it, but I think it's very fitting. I can use 2020 to fill in a lot of blanks. It covers frustration, confusion, all nine levels of hell, the excretions of a male cow, and even a few variations of the very versatile fornication word. So for now, some might wonder what in the 2020 I'm talking about, but I'm sure it will catch on, and sooner or later, someone will tell another to go to 2020, or even accuse them of trying to 2020 them.

© Copyright 2020 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000884-Just-Ramblings--A-Load-of-2020