*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000979-Graphic-Novels-verses-Regular-Novels
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1000979 added December 29, 2020 at 1:16am
Restrictions: None
Graphic Novels verses Regular Novels
So, are you ready for another night of idle rambling? I hope not, I don't think I could ramble on much more. Oh, who am I trying to kid, if I can't think of anything else to write about, I can always ramble on about something, or perhaps even nothing at all.

Then again, some nights it's hard to write anything at all; I like it quiet and peaceful without interruptions. But tonight, my youngest daughter is still awake. I thought she would read for a while on her Kindle E-Reader, then set it to the side and drift off to sleep, like most nights. But, she finished her second book already and needed another.

I don't mind purchasing her books but would prefer she would get something she can spend a bit of time reading. Her preference, however, is for graphic books, or as we called them, comic books. She is reading a series and can get the regular book for about seven bucks, but the graphic novel costs twice as much and only lasts her a couple of nights. Of course, we set up Kindle Unlimited so there are many books she can read for free, but the series she wants isn't included.

I did take a break and had her look for a few books that looked good, not graphic books, but regular novels. She found three in the Unlimited that are now on her Kindle and she is reading one of them. Hopefully, she enjoys it and discovers that regular books are so much more in-depth and better than the graphic novels that she will want to get more books that will take a little longer to read.

Now, with that out of the way, I could get back to my topic for the night, but then again, I think I've written enough and will save tonights topic for another night.

© Copyright 2020 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000979-Graphic-Novels-verses-Regular-Novels