*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001117-December-31-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1001117 added December 31, 2020 at 8:49am
Restrictions: None
December 31, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image "This will be our last prompt for 2020. Happy New Year!

Proverbs 9:17 says "Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant."

What do you think this means?"

This is a colloquial reference to sin. It means that sin may seem to be very rewarding in the short term and in a worldly sense, but in an eternal sense, sin is deadly. What child has never stolen a cookie out of the cookie jar and felt that added sense of pleasure when they got away with it? Stolen water tastes sweeter because it has the added thrill of knowing it is stolen and bread eaten in secret is pleasant because it is not shared. It all belongs to the one eating it. All of this adds to the attractiveness of sin. I mean don't let anybody fool you. Sin can be a lot of fun and it has its attractions. That is why it is so tempting. However, the long term effect of sin is death. It all starts out as fun and then someone gets hurt.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox Today as I was cruising through cyberspace I crossed the galactic rim and made a 45-degree turn across the outskirts of the galaxy into a realm where time and space have no meaning. Somebody said that it is now the last day of the year 2020 but I saw 2020 and eternity combining into an indescribable cascade. On the way back from this incredible event we stopped by the star (146) and said goodbye to 2020 by quoting poetry distinctly missing the most common vowel in the alphabet. Read
 
STATIC
Going On  (E)
An additional work with only a, i, o, u, and y.
#2237863 by Words Whirling 'Round
and tell us what you think. This piece has no letter E. What would we do without this common symbol?

One of the first things a code breaker looks for is common symbols because those usually represent a vowel commonly used in the language the code is based on. The universal translator onboard our own WDC Constitution (our imaginary ship) uses the same principle to translate languages. Without the letter, E English would not be a language we would recognize. Try writing one single sentence without an E and you will understand that it is hard to do. My hat is off to this writer, which is why I chose this piece.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "It's always a great time for introspection on the last night of the year. What made you happy in 2020 and what made you sad in 2020?"

What made me happy in 2020 was my success in graduate school. I am preparing to start my third semester on or around January 4, 2021. As it stands right now my GPA is 3.91. I am very happy with that.

What made me sad in 2020 was COVID and all the conspiracy theories flying around. Many people are still convinced that Biden cheated to win the election and that he would not have won without the overwhelming influence of social media and cheating. Some are convinced that the masks many of us are forced to wear are not about controlling the virus but about controlling the populace. I read a statement on social media last night stating that we should fly our flags at half-mast on January 20, 2021, to mourn for our country because it is supposed to become a socialist country according to the conspiracy theorists. All of the paranoia makes me sad.

Blog City image small "Prompt: "Perseverance, commitment, compromise and passion are ingredients you hold close." Use these words in your Blog entry today."

I don't really know what to add. I can only say I agree.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors



© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001117-December-31-2020