*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001239-The-Only-Certainty-is-Uncertainty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1001239 added January 2, 2021 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
The Only Certainty is Uncertainty
The Original Logo.

*Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP*

PROMPT January 2nd

2020 is finally in the rear view mirror... what’s ahead for you in 2021?

*Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP* *Noter* *NoteP*


Happy birthday, Emily *Bigsmile*

Being my usual sunny, optimistic self ("sunny" as in "can cause heatstroke, burns, and blindness" and "optimistic" as in "sarcastic"), I've been saying things like "2020 was only the preface" and "flipping a calendar changes nothing but the calendar."

One thing I hope I will not do: repeat my 2020 "blogging every day" achievement. Because if I do that, it would mean I will have been stuck at home all year again, rather than traveling like I want to. Not that I can't blog when I travel, usually; it's just that I'm not going to make myself take the time to do an entry every day.

I know some people are traveling anyway. With proper precautions and care, it's not in itself hazardous. It's just that, for me, the whole purpose of traveling is to visit breweries and restaurants, and it's a crapshoot as to whether those are open in a particular area or not. Not to mention the mask-averse plague rats that infest nearly every location. Also, the main trip I want to take is to Europe, and last I heard there were still travel restrictions there.

Other than that, obviously, I don't know. If 2020 taught me anything, it's that people will believe stupid shit... and that predicting what will happen is useless when external events can fuck everything up. On last year's New Year's Day entry, I wrote: "I have some plans, but life has a way of interfering with them." Prescience? Nah, pessimism. I also wrote in one of its comments: "Seeing the country before it plunges into apocalypse..." with regards to a reason why I traveled a lot in the teens. So really, 2020 didn't change my attitude much.

A few things, besides travel, that I would like to do this year: see movies in the theater, drink, do the biweekly Zoom meetings for WDC folks (see yesterday's entry), listen to music, play computer games, blog, learn more French and maybe Dutch, continue doing Comedy and Fantasy newsletters monthly, and attempt to be funny.

But like I said. No guarantees, except that there are no guarantees. Paradox!

© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001239-The-Only-Certainty-is-Uncertainty