*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001297-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-138
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1001297 added January 2, 2021 at 7:39pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 138

Well I did it, I took down the 2020 calendar from the library door. it always feels like the final close down to the past year. Next it will be the old year paper work and taxes. I closed up the curtains on the Christmas room. That will now rest until July if I can remember to light up for the 4th. Did a few clean up details, and had to deal with snow. I listened to some older music, Does Phil Harris ring a bell with any of you. I have a habit of when I sort sheet music I listen to some of the music I am sorting. It is easy to do on the internet. What has happened to the music of today?

Tomorrow I am hope to do some Ice Fishing down here. It looks like it will be a decent day. I did not bring the shelter down here from up north at this time, only a open sled. But that looks like it will work tomorrow. Going out and ice fishing gives me a lift at this time of year. I will let you know how it all works out.

I wanted to write on the prompt from January one, "What’s something GOOD that happened in 2020?"

I had to stop and give this good thought since last evening. It is normally easier for me to find a silver lining in things, 2020 is tough. I think the question is dealing with the bigger picture for the year. Not me or my families personal year, which was satisfactory, No real downers.

One silver lining I see was people may have rediscovered home life and it's rewards. The finding of pleasure, satisfaction in a good job done well at your home. Maybe I hope more houses became homes with the owners own personalities.
I hope and suspect that many people became closer to God. That he indeed walks with them. That God walking with them is the difference between Hope and Despair in a rough year.

I think at least some people have come to realize that our news media and social media set our cultural social agenda, and what and how it is discussed. It is in there perceived interest to make a news narrative, not just report the news. Their show of what they want and the length they will go to achieve it should have been apparent to many. That new awareness is a good thing going into 2021.

I saw more interest in outdoor endeavors, Spending time with God's nature, More exercise. more healthy activities. I hope there was a renewed serious awareness of health issues.

If there can be silver linings for the year 2020 I can have positive optimism for the year 2021, and I do.

© Copyright 2021 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001297-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-138