*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001445-Temptation-Arises-With-The-Temperature
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1001445 added January 5, 2021 at 12:33am
Restrictions: None
Temptation Arises With The Temperature
We had a beautiful day here, sunny and warm; mid-thirties, warm for us. I finished cleaning up the snow the plow missed and salted down the walks this evening. With the warm weather, the snow is melting and everything was getting icy as the temperature dropped below freezing.

I was very tempted to go out on the lake and do a bit of ice fishing this afternoon since it was so nice out, but my wife was at work and I was watching over the girls. They should be old enough to be home alone, and most times they do fine, however, they had distance learning today so I needed to hang close in case they needed any help and to keep them on task. Also, if I did head out to the lake when they are home alone, I already know I wouldn't get any peace and quiet, they would be texting me about everything and anything. Hell, since we live very close to the lake, they may even show up to see what I'm doing.

My next thoughts were to go after my wife got home, but by then it's getting late and dark. So, instead of going out for some time alone, I worked on our supper, helped the girls, and just did some odds and ends around the house. I was right in assuming that if I tried to get some time for myself I'd be interrupted, and so it was trying to get some stuff done out in the garage and even while I was working on supper. But, being at home it wasn't too bad. Besides, I know how to counter it at home, I just put them to work on dishes or something. They hurry and get their tasks done and then they vanish.

Once schools are open again, I'll have plenty of time t get out fishing, I hope. It depends on the weather, the temperatures, and what else happens to be going on. Normally, they would have gone back today, but with so much shut down here again, the schools are doing distance learning through the seventeenth of the month. Of course, things may change a bit this Wednesday when the governor lets us know if he's going to lift any restrictions.

I could really go a want over this whole thing, but what good does it do? Everyone is tired of hearing about it, tired of living it, and I think if it was up to the people, we would pretty much go back to life as normal. If things don't pretty soon, we may forget what normal was.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001445-Temptation-Arises-With-The-Temperature