*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001536-January-6-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1001536 added January 6, 2021 at 8:34am
Restrictions: None
January 6, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image I am not Hindu. A popular Hindu belief here in West Virginia is that "What goes around comes around." Another expression tells us what "karma" is. Proverbs 11:31 says "If the righteous are repaid on earth, how much more the wicked and the sinner."

How is it that even idolators seem to have a sense of justice?

Idolators usually have a sense of revenge but even they have an inherent sense of right and wrong. Paul tells us in Romans 1-20-21 that the whole world is given an inherent sense of right and wrong. Man often uses this sense of right and wrong for selfish motives. We expect others to do for us yet we feel little or no obligation to do anything for others unless there is something in it for us. The Hindus believe in karma. They believe that everything we do has a direct repercussion on us. My grandfather always said that you get back what you dish out. This has nothing to do with karma and everything to do with humankind. People usually treat us exactly the way we treat them. If we treat them badly they respond in kind. Solomon is saying here that the righteous will begin to receive their reward here on earth. I began to receive mine the day I was born again because I receive Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit has slowly brought me along and today most everything I attempt works out well.

For my blog Prompt: I was cruising the Galaxy with Luke Skywalker and we landed on this planet:
 Forceful Refinding  (E)
Sometimes we don't know what we lost until we find it again!
#2150496 by fyn


How do you feel about rewriting and editing your work?

I may go back through and make a few obvious changes that need to be made, but I hate editing my own work. I hate knowing I made any mistakes. I am getting ready to do a major editing job here in a few days. I received a publishing offer yesterday in which the publisher wants to take a lot of my older published writings and combine the best parts of them into one book. That will mean I get to choose what parts go in the book and I get to change whatever I want to change about the originals. It is a self-publishing contract, which I am not crazy about. However, the materials going in the book will be materials that were traditionally published once but not well marketed. This company is going to aggressively market the new product, particularly in Europe which is where it is most marketable.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "What's the first thing you can't wait to do after you have the vaccinations for Covid-19?"

Burn all of my masks!

Blog City image small "Prompt: "Three things will last forever-faith, hope and love-and the greatest of these is love." Write about this quote in your Blog entry today."

1 Corinthians 13:13 is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. Love is indeed greater than faith and hope because true love causes both faith and hope. I have been preaching the gospel for years. It has always been my belief that God values the things we humans trivialize. We don't trivialize romantic love or family love but we do trivialize putting each other first. Love in it's truest sense is when we do the next right thing for the next right reason.





Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001536-January-6-2021