*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001726-January-9-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1001726 added January 9, 2021 at 8:24am
Restrictions: None
January 9, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image Prompt: "Proverbs 11:27 says "Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to the one who searches for it."

In what ways have you seen this come true?"

I was raised a little differently. My father always told us not to go out looking for trouble. We weren't to cause fights. However, if somebody so much as looked at us disrespectfully we were ordered not to let it slide. We were expected to settle the matter with force. If we got beat then we got a second beating a home. I don't know how many people I hurt badly due to that.

I do remember one time my uncle exemplified what Solomon is talking about. My uncle had stopped at a local wayering hole and drank a beer. He was not alcoholic so he drank half a beer and left. Three men followed him from the bar taunting him because he did not finish the beer. He got in his car and drove away. The men followed him and kept blowing their horn at him and yelling out the window for him to go back and finish the beer with them. He drove the three or four miles home to my grandparents house and the guys stayedf with him. He got out of the car and whipped all three of them to within an inch of being unconscious. I heard him say to them as he was walking away and they were writhing on the ground "Look for trouble and you usually find it."

I took that to heart. I tried to never instigate problems but I never backed down once it found me. Now I back down all the time because Jesus said to turn the other cheek. I usually don't have a problem. Most people consider me a friend. The occasional person who does not like me I tolerate. If they threaten me I call security or the law. I had a man yesterday start screaming at me. He accused me of removing an ad from a bulletin board or something. I told him I had put a paper on the bulletin board but took none off. He shouted "Liar, liar. You jailbird. You are a thief."

I told him that was enough of that. If he wanted to be forced to prove in court that I was a criminal to call me one again publicly and he'd get his chance. I am a professional with professional licenses and slander like that could ruin my career. If he said it again I would sue him.

He apologized for calling me a criminal and said that perhaps he had made a mistake about the paper. We shook hands and walked away to have dinner together.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox Prompt: "Today as we warped through the WDC galaxy we found (150) quoting a Villanelle poem.
 
STATIC
To Wait and Remember  (ASR)
My path trails the river's incessant flow... (Villanelle)
#2138925 by K Renée (on the road)


What do you think?

I am no judge of poetry although I love reading it. This author writes as if it is their desire to become a piece of the woodwork...out of sight and out of mind. I know that feeling. I have less than fifty years, probably less than 30 years left on this planet if I live to 85. I want them to go by peacefully.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn. Write a tribute to you favorite season."

My favorite season is spring because the weather is warmer and life is renewed.

Blog City image small Prompt: "How do you feel about the decision for impeachment? Is it simply grandstanding or is it really necessary for our country's safety? Will this move cause a greater division in our country or will it help the healing process?

Or if you would rather discuss Twitter banning Trump permanently? Will it really make a difference or is it another grandstanding moment?"

The impeachment will not even make it to committee before Biden is sworn in and Trump leaves office. The liberal left has tried to impeach him since he got into office. This is all grandstanding and they know it. What idiot spends millions of dollars ousting a lame duck president? Nancy Pelosi is what idiot!


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001726-January-9-2021