*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001728-Heres-what-you-can-do-with-your-lemons-life
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#1001728 added January 9, 2021 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
Here's what you can do with your lemons, life!
I'll leave it to the historians to discuss the larger events that transpired this week, out in the world and specifically DC. One grows tired of saying "I told you so" after four years of it.

My own tribulations are not nearly as earth-shaking, but are troublesome nevertheless. The well's pressure tank has given out, so our ability to use water is going to be seriously diminished this weekend. Luckily, I don't have work and made enough soup yesterday to last us the entire period. Monday we're supposed to hear from a reputable local company who can do the repair work...at a reasonable price, one hopes. So it's just a matter of muddling through the weekend. I muddle through weeks at a time so I should be able to manage that.

Monday I'm supposed to take Dad down to Gainesville for some lab work in preparation for an iron infusion he's supposed to get. As this company is to call us back Monday, I'm not sure how that's going to play out. I've already delayed the appointment once and don't want to do so a second time; it's important that he get this infusion. He's anemic and it shows in his behavior as well as his physical strength. Getting that restored will rejuvenate him and hopefully get him back to going to therapy and getting a new prosthetic. COVID really has thrown us for a loop but I shouldn't complain; many out there are suffering so much worse.

Apart from a trip to the laundromat and store tomorrow, there's not much on the old plate...so I should take the opportunity to get into my writing rhythm. I'm just waiting for my headache to fade which it should now that I've had some breakfast and coffee. I cannot make the hardships go away, so I may as well use them to my advantage.

© Copyright 2021 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001728-Heres-what-you-can-do-with-your-lemons-life