*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001748
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #2241529
An exciting journey of a high school girl, Olivia along with her friends.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1001748 added May 31, 2021 at 4:36pm
Restrictions: None
Meet Olivia Berns
It was a bright sunny morning when the school bell rang. Olivia was wondering while gazing at her desk window about the fun going school trip to Athora, a mysterious jungle far away from the town.

Jack and Anne were going downstairs to the library. Anne on her way saw Olivia sitting beside the window, vacant. She asked Jack to take her along with them.
Olivia moved her face round to watch Jack's pat on her shoulder.

As she turned, her bright face, fair as milk with cute cat eyes appeared. Her cheeks were soft and red as blossom and her lips soft as creme. She had her long black hair tied into a pony, altogether making a gorgeous face. But her classmates called her quite mysterious as she had never talked much to anyone except for her friends - Jack and Anne.

Hardly had Olivia turned out to acknowledge Jack's hand when he asked "Would you like to join us? We are going to search for Athora's map" he whispered.

"Athoraaa" she repeated within herself. It was something especial to make her curious. Although she did not show, yet within her heart core she knew how desperate she was to go there and feel it.

The three went down deep following the dark dusty stairs to the shelf where Jack had seen his teacher hiding the map.

"How do you know that the maps describe Athora? It's just a story, isn't it?" Anne started suspecting Jack as they were heading. "Believe me. No one will hide a usual map within the school campus in such a weird place..."

"Shh..."and the both paused. "Someone may eavesdrop us. Can't you stop talking for a while." They both giggled on each other's scared faces and Olivia's grown up behaviour. When they took out the big old dusty torn paper, Olivia became ecstatic. She seemed very excited for this trip as it was her childhood dream. The trip was going to be held on the upcoming weekend.

The three packed their stuff a day before and made a checklist.
As the day of the school trip came closer Olivia could hear her heart beating faster. The feeling of awe acquired her bringing butterflies in her stomach.

The next day , the students gathered in school at 6 A.M. They were supposed to go to the jungle by bus. Anne climbed the bus and took a seat for herself and saved two for Olivia and Jack. In the journey, every child was cheerful. But Olivia had a separate world in her mind. She thought of the nature, the beautiful sky, the pink nights, the mesmerizing beauty of maple leafs, chirping of birds, smell of wet clay and cold breeze. She had always thought of going to Athora one day but she never knew the day was the one.

© Copyright 2021 Vaishali (UN: luriepark at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vaishali has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001748