*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001910-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-147
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1001910 added January 11, 2021 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 147
It is time I put some words to paper, or should I say to screen. We will be leaving for the north in the morning. I like to be there well before dark. We go up about once a month in the winter months if I can get into the driveway. We will check things over, Do some, a lot of reading. No Computer up there. So it is a good break from the turmoil. And I will fish with my brother. I caught a few gills yesterday down here, Just enough for Potato fish soup.

Why, You may ask would a sane person sit out in the cold for hours with a pole in your hand and trying to catch a fish. I ask myself the same question. I will attempt to answer that question. On the surface it is good exercise, Good fresh air and at times vitamin D sun. It helps with the winter blues, at least for me. Getting out and doing something is important. another on the surface factor is I Like to eat Fish. A Good clean healthy food.

But under the surface there is more to fishing, at least for me. It is a down time, a get away from the everyday situations. When I fish every thought that does not focus on the fish is gone. There is a peace with a fish focus. It is emptying your mind of all the clutter so you can reabsorb when you come back to your day job. It is an excitement of the possibilities, A bigger fish, A new lake to try, A new bait to test out, It is hope and optimism. Fishing is a rejuvenation of life.
I always say the hardest cast to take is the last one. I often wonder will I know when take that very last cast. A fisherman truly does not want to know.

Have blessed Week

© Copyright 2021 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001910-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-147