*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001919
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#1001919 added January 12, 2021 at 1:14am
Restrictions: None
The Dummy
There it was. The Dummy. It gave me the creeps. But my little, six year old sister, Kira, loved him. It was almost the same height as she was. Because of this she had a baby doll stroller that she transported him in. My parents thought it was cute; they would help my sister buckle it into the middle seat, between us when we went out. She always insisted that "Victor" come with us because he didn't like being at home by himself with "that darn labradoodle". The labradoodle in question was Missy, she was mine, I was gifted her when I turned three, by our slightly eccentric "grandfather". When any of the grandchildren turned three he would give them two things to choose from (usually an animal and an expensive toy of some sort) and then tell them to pick one, so I obviously picked the puppy, my sister on the other hand chose Victor.

So here we were, my parents were going out for a few hours and I had finally convinced them, that at age twelve, I was old enough to look after myself and my sister, and that we didn't need a babysitter. Besides, I argued, it was only a few hours, they would be back by eleven and pizza was being delivered at seven. They had given permission for Kira and I to stay up later than usual as it was a Friday night, so no school the next day. I stood at the front door with a big pleased smile on my face. My sister stood next to me with Victor in the stroller. Our parents gave us both a kiss and hugs; my dad had even taken to giving Victor a couple pats on the head. Missy nosed her way forward for her usual chin scratch. My dad had to drag my mom out the door, she was nervous with this being the first time my sister and I would be without an adult in the house.

Kira and I moved to the window and waved as our parents backed down the driveway. My mom waved and blew kisses while dad concentrated on driving.
© Copyright 2021 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1001919