*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002159-I-remember
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#1002159 added January 15, 2021 at 10:37am
Restrictions: None
I remember
As the snow begins to fall around me, I reminisce. Nostalgia seems to coexist with the graceful beauty of winter. There is peace found in the picturesque view of snowy fields from the warmth of home. Soup, biscuits, and hot chocolate present themselves as the perfect comfort foods. I can recall the hills I have plunged down on speeding sleds. I remember cozy mornings of my youth wrapped in warm quilts waiting for the school closing announcements. It bothers me that those days are just another thing the pandemic has taken away from our kids. They will now be expected to attend virtually on snow days and will never know the joy of snuggling around the fire waiting for news of a free day. I remember endless snowball fights with friends and family. Never will I forget the shocking way snow down the shirt made you feel. I remember my mom calling after me to put my hat on and doing just that until I was out of her sight. She used to say, "You will stay much warmer if your head is covered." I didn't believe her until I got older and didn't care if I looked like a dork. I remember packs of kids walking to the store during the snow to get needed supplies or just to take the opportunity to socialize. I remember earning money by shoveling snow. I remember wearing bread wrappers on my feet and buying my first pair of moon-boots.It all seems so long ago but very close to my heart as the flakes glide tenderly through the air.

© Copyright 2021 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002159-I-remember