*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002802-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-161
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1002802 added January 25, 2021 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 161

Another couple days has come and gone, more snow shoveled and more to come later today. Last night I had a bad sleeping night. I went to bed the usual time. I was tired. But guess what the muse turned on and the mind kept churning. All I could think of is past earlier times and experiences. I sure have had a active busy life. I decided it was time to talk to my middle daughter about early times and events that have shaped me. While I still can do it. I have thought about writing it, But it scares me to write some things down. Not that there is anything bad, bad, but that it would be emotionally for me difficult to write somethings down. I will at times here write some relevant things on this blog. I just thought of something writing this. My oldest granddaughter has an interest in writing and has for a number of years. She is a voracious reader at seventeen years. Maybe at some time she could be interested in writing a life story from interview. I gave her the internet address of this site. I have not seen her since all this virus blow up.

As for last night, There are many times I think of the past. There are good and bad memories. But it is my past life and easier for me to reconcile with then thinking of the future. I know what the past was, I do not know what the future will be. The future for me is troubling, I see little up side. What I see is a steady down hill slide to ....... So as difficult as some of the past was, It is more comforting for me then the future.
Prompt Jan. 25
Write about something antique or inherited that you own. Who owned it before you? Where did it come from? What’s its story?

This going to be difficult. My paternal grandfather died shortly after I was 5 years old. I have some memories of him, But not a lot. I still to this day think of him often and feel a closeness to him. I have this feeling that we had a bond that I miss. I am named after him as was my father. He died at 57 years after a some what lengthy illness, way to young. My father was still a young man, An only son with two older sisters. He I think took all of my grandfathers things. As I grew up my father and his father made there lively hoods in the woods. Trapping and Hunting and selling minnow fish bait. They both had at times bait and tackle shops and wholesaled bait. My grandfather had also small farm when he died as did my father. But he was also a trained tin smith, and earlier in his life had worked with his brother installing furnaces. At any rate he made by hand minnow buckets for carrying minnows out of the woods, and some small minnow tubs for selling bait out of in his garage. When my father passed my next door brother closest age just took a lot of his bait minnow things which included the buckets and tubs. He also sells fish bait now. I was the executor of my fathers will and I was not happy about that going on as there is a total of Eight Sons. But I kept my mouth shut and let it pass. At any rate my brother later did not want to store the buckets and tubs and did not see the importance of them and returned them to me. They now they have a place in my garage. I grew up seeing those buckets and tubs all the time, I used them. But I did not realize that my grandfather had made them. My father and I were not close and he did not discuss his father with us. Every time I see them I think of my grandfather and his talents. I do not know what will come of them as I have no sons to give them too.

The other thing I have of my paternal grandfather is his last Wisconsin Sportsman's License, signed by him. It is framed and hung with his photos.
I hope this story is not hard to follow. There could be more to write. Have a Blessed Day

Prompt January 24

Write about your most memorable or unique teacher from the years you were in school. What made them so interesting and what do you remember about them the most?

This is a easy prompt. My tenth grade World History Teacher. Who was also my wrestling coach which is a whole story in its self. He would say in class, " If you take one thing from this class, That should be "Learn how Think". Which now I take to mean learning How to Critical Think, Being able to put 2+2 together and come up with the right answer, I now take it to mean logical constructive problem solving thinking. I hope I have learned that lesson after near 60 years. [Do they still bother to teach world history ?]

© Copyright 2021 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002802-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-161