*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002956-B-1-Curiouser-and-Curiouser
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2242614
entering Wonderland again
#1002956 added January 26, 2021 at 9:32pm
Restrictions: None
B-1 Curiouser and Curiouser
Stranger things have happened, so why not share the most curious thing that's ever happened to you. Alice would definitely empathize. (<500 words)

I don't do well with autobiography. After all, my own life doesn't have the kind of structure that I'm comfortable with. Fiction is always needs to be more believable than real life. And, as I try to look back on my life, I have a difficult time thinking of specific curious things. I know I have been surprised and amazed in my lifetime, but I couldn't tell you when or how, necessarily.

I think, though, that if I had to come up with something that was hilarious and curious and just plain weird, it would have to be the time my sister, Joyce, and I were surfing e-bay and found (at random) a set of clothes for lawn geese. We just laughed and laughed for half an hour straight as we found more and more clothes for lawn geese (not lawn geese themselves, just the clothes) including costumes and everyday outfits.

What got us was the fact that people were selling these clothes as though everyone knew what a lawn goose was and wanted to clothe them (because geese just shouldn't be necked?) and they came in standard sizes . . . well, that was something curious. It kind of happened to me. Or maybe I happened to it.

word count:209

© Copyright 2021 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002956-B-1-Curiouser-and-Curiouser