*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002988-January-27-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1002988 added January 28, 2021 at 8:34am
Restrictions: None
January 27, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image "1 I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak his praises.
2 I will boast only in the Lord;
let all who are helpless take heart.
3 Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness;
let us exalt his name together."
(Psalm 34:1-3, NLT)


Prompt: Define worship. Give a few examples of how you enjoy worshiping the Lord by yourself and as a member of a larger congregation.

I am the chaplain of the West Virginia Veterans Home so I am pretty much the one who organizes and conducts our worship services. For a long time after I first got here the chapel services were mere Bible studies and prayer meetings. We had no musicians in the chapel so we did not have music. Then I spoke to the recreation director and other powers that be around here and became the official chaplain. Along with that I arranged for us to hold chapel services in the large auditorium where we could use the PowerPoint projector and the sound equipment. The sound equipment is Bluetooth enabled so I operate it through my phone. Then I downloaded a bunch of instrumental music files on my phone and use them to accompany us as we sing hymns and praise songs. Chapel has improved tremendously as a result. I'm going to experiment with it and see if my phone will also play YouTube soundtracks. If it does I will start Mixing in a little modern music with the old fashioned hymns.

I also have worship services throughout the week in my room. Some of these are Bible studies and some are prayer meetings. Of course, I do my private devotions as well and listen to hymns and praise songs, and just hang out with God.

For my blog "Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with Chewbecca and we found this plant ** Image ID #1862559 Unavailable **

Let's write about rain for your Space Blog today."

I get tired of rain. It seems like all it does in the winter is rain. Of course, I'd much rather see the rain than the snow, but I want sunshine, blue skies, and green leaves.

Blog City image small "Prompt: January 27, 2021 is National Chocolate Cake Day. Write about your favorite chocolate cake."

My favorite chocolate cake I can't get any longer. My mom made it. It was a salad dressing cake. She used Miracle Whip salad dressing in it. I don't have the recipe and even if I did I don't have access to an oven here. They do all the cooking and baking for us.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs No prompt given at this time.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002988-January-27-2021