*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003360-Alices-Evidence-UNimportant-Things
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
#1003360 added March 9, 2021 at 10:57pm
Restrictions: None
Alice's Evidence: UNimportant Things
Given the Covid pandemic, I noticed sort of the opposite effect. I am finding that there are a lot of small things that I miss that I've taken for granted. It made me need to think a little bit more before trying this activity out.

Priorities


A lot of things that seem less important to me now have to do with my interests in my teens... video games and movies.

As a Science Fiction fan I used to love the Star Wars movies. My brothers and I would catch the Star Wars prequels on the first day of their release and and then we would rewatch the films several times when they were released on DVD. As If that wasn't enough, we would then proceed to watch the films a few more times when they would air on television. These days that isn't the case. I caught the latest Star Wars film toward the end of its theatrical run and haven't bothered rewatching it since then. I still haven't even seen any episodes of the Mandalorian at all.

In a similar vein I haven't been playing Videogames nearly as much as I used to. It used to be that I would rush to buy the latest videogames in my favorite game series (Final Fantasy, Zelda and Resident Evil) as soon as possible but lately I find myself waiting for the prices of the games to drop before purchasing them. I haven't even bothered playing the 3 most recent Zelda games yet even after getting them.

A lot of it is due to just a lack of time to enjoy some of these things. I'm working throughout the week now and don't have the time to commit the 80+ hours that some of these series require.

I also can't deny that disappointment in a series' creative direction may have caused me to lose interest in my favorites as well. As a huge fan of the original Star Wars trilogy seeing my favorite characters from those films get killed off left a very sour taste in my mouth. I just wasn't as invested in the subsequent films after that. The last Resident Evil I played felt rushed and not nearly as exciting as I remembered the series to be.

I can't rule out the fact that my changes in tastes might be due to getting older as well. Having more experience it is harder for newer entries in a series to seem fresh and original to me. I guess changes in your interests are part of growing up.
-*Castle*

429 Words

Prompt
2. "UNimportant Things" - As the new year begins, consider at least one thing you considered too ‘important’ in the past. What makes it so ‘unimportant’ now? (<500 words)

© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003360-Alices-Evidence-UNimportant-Things