*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003713-Wool-and-Water-Fivepence-for-One-Twopence-for-Two
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
#1003713 added February 5, 2021 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
Wool and Water: Fivepence for One, Twopence for Two
Paying More for Less

I'm the type of person that finds it very hard to resist a bargain but there are some situations where I might opt to pay the more expensive price.

One is when buying in bulk. This is something I learned from shopping with my mother. She would sometimes opt for a smaller bottle of oil or mayonnaise even when the price of the smaller bottle was more expensive than a larger bottle. When I asked her why she would do that she explained that she values the space in her cupboard or refrigerator more than the discount. She is also a really considerate person and hates the idea of wasting food. If the food will spoil before she can use it all then she would rather not get more than she needs.

The other situation where you might want to pay more is when you are going after collector's items. As a comic book and videogame nerd I have been really guilty of this. I would sometimes pay double the price of a reprint or re-released game if it meant I could get my hands on a First edition copy. To be fair the price of a first edition comic has the potential to significantly go up in value several years down the line but that's only if the issue itself winds up becoming popular. Even with comics that have increased in price I would have a hard time giving them up anyway so I might just be spending more money. ^_^; Still at the moment, the collector's appeal is sometimes too hard to resist.
-*Castle*

272 Words

© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003713-Wool-and-Water-Fivepence-for-One-Twopence-for-Two