*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003862-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-173
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#1003862 added February 6, 2021 at 9:13pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 173

Well here in South Central Wisconsin we are hitting the bottom of winter this week. I got the snow taken care of for the time being. I can not back out the driveway any more as the snow banks are too tall to see on coming traffic. We are on a busy highway. Early tomorrow morning it is supposed to get to -12 real temperature. I will let the kitchen sink faucet drip, as the kitchen is over a crawl space on the end of the house. I have a heat lamp plugged in and heat tapes on the water pipes going under the kitchen in the crawl space. The north and west sides of the house are banked with snow past the siding. I have closed tight and sealed our west facing door. We will use the east door for the next ten days. The van is parked and there will be little travel. I think I have done all I can to prepare for the cold blast. I now Trust in God to see us through the next cold days.

My daughter and Son in law visited today for a couple hours. so I got to see my youngest grandson and daughter. It is hard to believe that the oldest grand daughter had to work and could not come. Where have a years gone too. She works at Wendy's but is still in High School as an honor student and quite the responsible serious seventeen year old. Sonora Pearl makes her family proud. Her younger sister Lydia is following right behind her, a year and a half. I was very happy to see them. My family has always been number one on this earth, and as I age they are more important then ever. I miss seeing them.

On a brighter outside note, The garden seeds arrived today. I ordered from Victory Seed Co. They support the preservation of heirloom seed varieties which I like. They were reasonable and had varieties I was looking for. I also now have the Blueberry plants ordered for The north compound, six plants to add to the others. They will arrive the end of May. And get this Jimmy the Ground Hog in Sun Prairie DID NOT see his shadow. Ground hogs day is always a big occasion for me. So it may be cold today, things are looking up for spring.

And I could not end this entry without mentioning I got a nice bunch of fish on the past Tuesday and Wednesday. For me and the wife we packaged it for 4 meals. It was Blue Gills and one very nice Bass.

Stay warm and be careful in the cold, May God Bless You

© Copyright 2021 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003862-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-173