*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003875-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn-Cut-the-Cake
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
#1003875 added February 7, 2021 at 1:24pm
Restrictions: None
The Lion and the Unicorn: Cut the Cake!
Race of his life

There were cheers as Ben broke through the barrier and crossed the finish line.

He had just completed the race of his life. He had done the 100 Meter Dash in under 10 seconds. This was the fastest he had ever run.

There was a sense of pride as he felt himself being patted on the back and congratulated by his coaches and fellow competitors as he was escorted to the podium. He smiled as a gold medal was placed around his neck. He wished that he could relive the moment again and again.

In an instant everything began to move in reverse. The medal was returned to the case it had come from. He walked off the podium and back to the finish line accompanied by the applause of the crowd. His competitors went to the racetrack and his coaches back to the stands.

The ribbon he had broken through reformed around him and just like that he was running backwards through time... all the way to the start. He didn't even look back at where he was going as he zipped back towards to his starting position racing past other competitors as he move toward beginning. He crounched back his starting pose alongside the other runners in the race concentrating on the field in front of him.

As he heard the whistle blow, Ben smiled ready to begin the race anew.
-*Castle*

238 Words

© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003875-The-Lion-and-the-Unicorn-Cut-the-Cake